EdWing is back?

General boating discussion
buck3
Your location: Olympic Peninsula,WA

EdWing is back?

Post by buck3 »

Or was he ever really gone?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/3035209533.html

Edwing Boat is looking to build you your coustom boat, these have 1/4" side bottom plate, .160 welded decks, sealed self bailing bottom, 4,000 lb. of reserve bouyancy, 20 degree v at stern, 3"sch 40 pipe guard, We built about 30 of these in the past 12 yrs, they are built to true commercial standards this price would be boat, fours seat , 2/20 gal side mounted poly tanks, mechanical steering, set up for 24' transom mount outboard. Call 1-503-791-1952

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Seen he has been advertising on CL for new builds and used EdWing build hulls.

Not too bad of a price either. Less then 20k for a 21' by 8'6"

Or is this old news?
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: EdWing is back?

Post by Chaps »

He must have played out whatever he was doing . . . interesting to see any new builds. If that hull is the same config he built for me its a heck of a boat for the money although the runabout style in his cad drawings (as shown in the ad) won't attract much interest IMO. Edwin, if you read this, center console pilot houses are what's selling.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

OMG. It's like the grateful dead!!! Ed came down to earth and stopped flying planes!!!

That boat is like the infamous one that has been around for along time. Maybe the first sporty boat he ever built. Puffin is his name on the ifish forum. Looks like his boat for sure.

If Ed redrew everything (apparently his computer crashed a while a go) and is getting back into the sporty boats that is awesome :thumbsup:

These things are tanks like no other. I have only heard of one other builder that builds a boat like this and that is Tom Mack Shipyard here on the the lowermainland in B.C. Absolute tanks. The toughest of the toughest.

Cheers,
John
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
larch1
Your location: Sitka, AK

Post by larch1 »

anyone seen any new builds coming from the Edwing shop? I really like the 21' / 23' cabin boats i've seen pictures of. wish there were plans and drawing available for these boats as I'd like to see if any local builders could/would build the boat.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

again MUTE..ad is gone already.

Dernnit!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Yeah the ad was gone right away. I guess a person has to contact Ed somehow (hard guy to get a hold of) and ask him.

I have been thinking about it and if he is starting to build sport boats again I would like him to draw up a bigger version of mine. Something around 28' with a 10' beam and higher sides. I really like the design and something a bit bigger that is still trailerable would suit my needs perfectly.

Cheers
John
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic