Here we go again...!!!!

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Here we go again...!!!!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Pulled up at the gas station down the street and watched in HORROR as the zippy mart dude changed the fuel prices from $2.59 to $2.69 for unleaded regular.

Ten f'n cents OVER NIGHT!

With double tanks in my truck the last time I filled up it was $2.30......so you can imagine my shock.

I bought my 20 gallons in my jerry-cans to put in the boat and it cost me over $50.

CNN said that regular will be over $3.00 a gallon by Thanksgiving.

All because the North is heating their houses. Heat? Hell, why isn't this stuff regional?
It's 85 here.

But last Monday when a "Yankee Wave" came rolling south, then here I am out fishing in 25 knots
and 45 degrees catching Trout. Wow was this a tough day. Wind chill made it alot colder....Still like A/C to us here. Heater on in the house? You kidding me. Hell No.
Then, on Tuesday...."it was warm all over again." Cold snap gone as fast as it came. Now just sweatshirt weather
Now, thursday.....HOT again.

Why must I pay, for someone elses cold :?:

-getting ready for business to completely TANK, all over again. Watch $4.00 probably ain't outa the question.
Wall Street say's things are on the right track.......how 'bout if Wall street kiss' my azz!
BoatBucks
Your location: West Valley, OR

Re: Here we go again...!!!!

Post by BoatBucks »

To my surprise prices have dropped around here. Down to 2.79. Was 2.89 just a couple of weeks ago. Diesel is at 2.71.

I see the price ppb is over $80 now. Just 6 or 8 weeks ago I think it was under $70.

I don't like any more than the next guy but it is what it is and unless I'm willing to completely change my lifestyle and take up knitting or something I guess I'll just bend over and take it. :(
Occams Razor
Your location: Rhode Island

Post by Occams Razor »

No its not ! Here we go again !

The fact is there is so much fuel in the US right now they have just about ran out of places to put it ! Now MHO is the feds are going to jump into this zippy like to find out which BS story they are going to use this time ! There have been no major storms to effect flow not that we need anymore ! To top it off usage is still down and going down....
They are going to make a quick buck while they can because they know its not going to last ......and because all the folks that bought the farm last season buying home fuel thousands locked in fixed prices this year.... it won't go too far Jetty hold on to your shorts......

I just took note of the Diesel going up 20 cents today on the way home......You know what OPEC ! GO **** yourself my third TDI diesel is in baby and I am going to stick 55MPG rite up your azz! and believe me people are really starting to look a clean diesel !
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Jetty:

Sorry spoke too soon ! Puerto Rico has a huge refinary storage facility exsplosion in the last 24 hours.....Hmmmmm how did they predict that ?

Sorry I am not paying it !
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Ok Jetty :

Here is the news....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/busin ... 46908.html

We are going to pay more for EVERYTHING ! :sarge:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic