Aluminum alloy from West coast

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Aluminum alloy from West coast

Post by mojomizer »

This is my baby from Orange County California.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh20 ... er/116.jpg

Trolling a bun with a couple of these on a bed of cole slaw and a ice cold beer.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh20 ... er/092.jpg

Shhhhhh be vewy quiet were fishing for Jettywolfs
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

You keep posting pics like that......and we're gonna have to make a special Food Forum here!

They look like a Florida Bug, ya got them there too huh?

OUCH! That bun HURT! Stop reeling so fast!
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Darn it................... over the slot limit size. Thems southern east coast jettywolfs grow up big. Must be some good forage base out there.
All kidding aside thanks for making this web site. Finally a place where aluminum is UNDERSTOOD AND APPRECIATED.

Wife looks at me and says wheres the claws. California now is going to require me to buy lobster report cards for 2008. $7.90 per person per trip
no matter what age. If you do not turn in the report card you will not get another one for the next trip.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh20 ... er/121.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh20 ... er/117.jpg

Next pics will be of my 19 foot aluminum baja bayrunner. Gets some unbelievable gas mileage but it is no where near being like my Pacificskiff.

Thanks once again

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiffs
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Mark,

You can post the whole pic here...on Photobucket there's the tags under each of your photos, one is "IMG for image"...just click on it and it ought to pop up a little window that says "copied", then come here and just paste it.

And the imagine should appear rather than in a link form.

It's that EZ.

I've seen Florida bugs in excess of 14 pounds! The deeper the water, the less they get hassled, and the bigger they get. Unlike in the Fla Keys where they are harvested by divers to easily in the shallows.

Let's see alll of them boats!

There's a forums here to "show your boat" and fishing/catching adventures too. Each forum has it's own "topic".

Thanks again,
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mark , great shots of your boat .

Your not going to beleive this but I have pictures of our boat in the same [ both ] locations .

If ya see Kenny tell him Les from Texas said Howdy.

And the Dune's is looking good .

I also had a 18 Bay runner be for my 23CC

WELCOME to the site , make yourself at home.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Welcome aboard mojomizer!

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Mark

Seeing photos of your boat is making me drool. I remember seeing your boat at TWI when it first came in and Kenny was rigging it. Very cool. As a result in Nov. 2007 I ordered a 23WA5. I am patiently waiting for the boat to show up. NOT REALLY!!! Good thing the weather has been a little off. Otherwise I would really be chomping at the bit. I have posted this before, but here is a picture of Norm's Boat, the one I sea trialed with Kenny. BTW that is Kenny at the helm.

Richard Member 26
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

"Richard Member 26",

isn't it agonizing! But I can tell ya from experience (we all can tell ya) that its so much worth the wait.

So ya'll are into the full blown walk-in Cabins out yonder, huh?

Seeing some pics of those reminds this center console dweller that there is life ""inside"". I've fished on a few days here lately that I wish I could just snap a cabin on the boat, it was so damn cold....for Florida at least.

That should be the next SUPER IDEA they ought to make snap opn cabins for the bi-seasonal folks like me, that fish 12 months a year......
SNAP ON. SNAP OFF!
skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Jettywolf,

The coldest I have ever been was in Orlando Florida in December. My wife is from Florida and we go there once every couple of years. It was maybe the second time I had ever been to Florida and I was thinking I don't need to bring a jacket. It is Florida. We went to Disney (Epcot) and the wind was blowing and I had no jacket. It was around 29 F with out the wind chill. I was freezing. It gets cold in So. Cal. but not like it can in N. Florida. No wonder the O-rings froze.

As far as the WA Cabin is concerned I think the cabin makes a good choice given the wind chop we get making the channel crossings from Catalina, San Clemente and other Islands. It just makes for a more pleasant ride. Otherwise you are into the isenglass thing and that just did not appeal to me.

Richard
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Richard, Ive talked to Julie and Kenny and isn't your boat at TWI reel soon. :D

I am from So. Cal. and spent 1000's of hours on and under the water there , you want to see wind chop come fish the Texas coast with me , WOW 2 to 3's can kick your butt.

Your gonna love your new boat and again WELCOME to the site.
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Thanks everyone for a warm AAB welcome.

Thanks Captain Jettywolf for the picture posting suggestion. Learning as I go.... heck my knuckles would still be dragging on the floor if they didn't put my favorite beer on the upper shelf.

Welder.... Kenny did mention someone from Texas buying a boat. Glad to hear it was about you. I am greatful that you starting this site. I hope it takes off and becomes a great success.

Skfmj glad to hear I played a indirect part in turning you to the metalic side. We should get all of the aluminum alloys togeather and have a tailgate (Transome) party at Catalina. White seabass fishing in the grey. Ribeye steaks, corn on the cob on a portable BBQ (can't burn it's aluminum) wafting in the afternoon air. A picture of a aluminum fleet having a good old time.

Daddy'O, Thanks for the welcome aboard. Isn't it great, unlike alot of other boards people here can be funny and civil. I hope it can always be this way.

Going to see Kenny soon for maintenance. I will tell him everyone said hi.

Keep it shiny hard and wet................... your boats.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Mark,

I was just looking at the DFG web site and I don't think you need to obtain a new card for each trip. Only when you complete all the lines on the card you have. They give you plenty of space, 56 day/locations. It is like the steelhead card. Depending upon how they subdivide the locations most of us should only need 1 card per season. Here is the wording in the DFG Booklet.

"Regulations require that prior to beginning fishing activity
the cardholder must record the month, day, location, and gear
code on the first available line on the report card. When the
cardholder moves to another location, or finishes fishing for
the day, he or she must immediately record on the card the
number of lobster kept from that location.

Unlike abalone permit report cards, an additional card may
be purchased in the event an individual fills in all lines and
returns a spiny lobster report card. "

The F&G can be nasty about you not filling out the card prior to the fishing activity. I went on a steelhead trip on the Trinity a few weeks ago, and the guide made us fill out the cards prior to the start of the day. If F&G were to check they want that filled out. F&G can write you up if you don't do it. Just so happened we were checked at the end of the day on our first day. We had not yet filled out our catch. We had to do it then and there. Even if you got bageled. You filled in a zero. I was told by our guide that the F&G are really nasty about the ab cards.

To others -

Talked to Kenny today. The boat will be ready to ship around the 20th.

Here is an in-progress photo.

Richard
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Richard , I bet your hurting bad brutha but dont worry it only gets worse,
wait till its at trade winds and Kenny says I'll have it rigged in 2 days.

Theeeeeeeeeeen , the break in time with that throtle in your hand and that sucker wanting to RUN.

Ahhhhh , the memories.

WELCOME to the ALLOY club. :D
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Richard, I stand corrected seems I have been a victim of the rumor mill. Just goes to show you that nothing beats verifying the regulations on a regular basis.

Sweet picture of your sled. The twenty hour break in then ....... oooooooohhhhh the first time you throttle that baby up. Your smile getting larger with the rpms. The knowledge that you are more fuel efficient then most.

Febuary 20th .............. 18 more X's on the calendar. Is Kenny going to put yours on display at the Fred Hall show? What electronics are you putting on her? Did you get the aluminum trailer with torsion axles? Mine tows sweet.

Welder thanks again for the setting up this site. Is there a general discussion forum where we can talk boats, fish, techniques ect. ect..... just like a discussion at a favorite watering hole?

Richard I still say we must get the aluminum fleet together at Catalina.

Going to see Kenny on Tuesday.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mark , yes , read the forums BAD WEATHER DAY is the BS forum , sports , general talk , weather, etc.
Lester,
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

BAIT TANK

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Hey Mark,

Nice rig!

I see that almost everyone has the sardine live bait wells on their boats on the WC. Can you show us how you rigged it up in your boat, plumbing, etc??
What are you mainly fishing for out of your rig? How far are you running to fish? Etc.!

Thanks, Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

mojomizer wrote: Learning as I go.... heck my knuckles would still be dragging on the floor if they didn't put my favorite beer on the upper shelf.
Now that is funny! I, too, resemble that remark. It is just a matter of time before we see these boats in South Central AK. She is a beauty!
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Mark,

Kenny would like to display her at Fred Hall. We will see. Time is going to be tight. The trailer is the aluminum Pacific with the torsion axles. As far as e's are concerned, like Mark with the 26 ST, I am thinking about the Furuno Navnet 3D (MFD12, DSR4D, DFF1, and GP-320B) .

What are you towing your boat with? Just curious.

Would love to go to Catalina as a fleet. You will have to show me how you make bait. I have never fished WSB with squid. Only a spear gun or fly rod.

Richard
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Marty, thats the same bait well I have in my 23 , it's 47 gallons and is adj. [ water level ] it can hold a bunch O bait.
I have had a 3 pound striper in there swiming.

It is all plumbed thru the deck , you see no plumbing or wires, The tank has a light in the bottom that is changable from in the tank. This is a very cool feature ,at night to see your bait going in or coming out.
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Marty, what a awsome battleship the "Xiao Mu Ji" is. I can only Imagine what carnage she could do out here. The yellowtail (kingfish for you Aussies) that is available on the Cortes Bank. Fishing down the Pacific side of Baja......... Magdalena Bay "Mag Bay" 40 marlin a day fishing. Then around Lands End into The Sea of Cortes to fish Puerto Vallarta for it's 200+ lbs. Yellowfin tuna. Oooooohhh goosebumps.

Since I seem to time out on posting pictures and one finger typing I will answer your bait tank questions separately. Hey one hand on my beverage and one finger typing........... I am doing well.

I usually fish out to 45 miles. San Clemente Island is my informal boundry. To people just starting out. I have a 23 foot boat so I really pay attention to the NOAA weather reports. Make sure my Epirb is in working order. Right now looking at a proper ditch bag..... life raft. Also looking for weatherfax type service and equipment. Your input is very welcome.

Richard my tow vehicle is a 03 3/4 ton 4x4 Chevy Avalanche with 8.1 liter gas guzzler 12 miles to the gallon just driving and amazingly 12 miles to gallon dragging my sled. She may be ugly but she tows sweet. Speargun cool when the fish are not biting you go get em. Better even yet you can be my side scanning fish finder......... put on your mask..... I'll hold your feet overboard point when you see one :D
We will get a fleet together at Catalina all you Southern Cal AABers write in.

Boat Safe
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mark , the last time I fished the Tanner and Cortez banks was with Mike Thompson on his 55'r the AMIGO and we kicked but on a 2 day trip .

I was nailing 5 Cow Cod at a time in 700 to 900 Feet .

Made 3 , 2 day trips with mike [ abunch of us drunk Iron Workers ]
Local 433 LA.

Would love to take my 23 out there with ya.
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Ahhhhh the rockfish before the closures. Mmmmmmmm good eating too.

Mike Thompson a great captain you should have tried the calico bass fishing with him, he would back the boat within a short cast of San Clemente Island. You could see the bass come out of their laires and eat a 1lb. mackeral. The challege was to give them enough time to eat the bait but not so much that they dive back into the line eating rocks and even then they would pull a buttoned down drag into the rocks. It is quite a sight to see them eat and run. The ultimate in sight fishing.

You know, I was too much into just fishing than taking pictures. Now with this internet thing (fun). I now have to learn to make camera time. What camera is impervious to guts, blood, scales and saltwater.?

Lester you are welcome to come out. just have to pick the right weather window. It's 90 miles out. Generally the Cortes is flat when the Santa Ana's blow. The yellowtail be biting. I will drag Kenny out from his desk. Talking about Yellowtail..... this spring in Loreto any AAB's interested in having their arms pulled out of socket. The Margaritas cold the fishings hot. I know of a place that is family oriented. Could be the first annual AAB meet and greet.

What happening to Jettywolf. Hope he is overun with clients. When is it a good time for gigantic redfish or black drum.

Marty just took some pics of the livewell system I will make a post soon.
When you fish are you mainly trolling, chunking or live baiting? Which fish
gives you buck fever. Compound or recurve? Ginger or Maryanne?

Richard Tic Tock Tic Tock 14 days and counting. Furuno Navnet 3D looks like an outstanding package. Tic Tock Tic Tock.

Spoiled One feel free to jump in........... tell me about your bear. Hows the weather? Any fishing going on?
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Awesome lookin Rig!!! I like the low profile rails aft. I'd like to do those on the bow of my boat for my Dad to hold on to when traveling around the boat. He's gettin old.

Bait tank...........Who is the manufacturer, and best place to purchase that unit? I Like!!!!!

Yeah, where are the claws on those BUGS???? :D
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

AlloyToy,

That's the "pacific" installed tank, same as Welders...plumbed up under the floor.

Like me with my side rails, Jay says "do-able, but difficult, easier at the factory" Yeah, just my luck. NOT what I wanted to hear......but then again, I recieved no details about the project, either. Which would be benificial.

I think that well would be the same deal.

What I don't get, is.....is there a well inside that NON ALLOY enclosure like a Kodiak?? Or is the NON ALLOY tank the actual livewell? Like on many F' glass boats.

I'm seeing tanks like that in south Florida boats that are the helm seat, and have lexan windows in them to let in light and view bait from the outside, now. The tanks are fully plumbed and all self contained.

I ask this because here's a version, that had a Kodiak tank inside it.....
See that white lid behind me? That was the lid of a Kodiak type livewell inside a aluminum box....Not sure if the bait would get hot in the deep summer, but I'd assume so, with with minimal airflow around the tank, especially in the south, where this boat was to be going I think, Mississippi??

That's why I just opted to do some livewells on the floor, so if I want to change-out sizes or configerations I can. And remain kind bait flexible.
Shrimp are my main bait, and all they have to get is cool air in the summer to stay spritely, and warm in the winter.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Mine right now is simple........a trash barrel :D washdown hose feed it, and a hose & fitting feeds overboard at a certain water height.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic