Shakin' it up

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
CarolMizer
Your location: OC,CA

Shakin' it up

Post by CarolMizer »

:roll: How did everyone do with the Earthquake this morning here in Southern California?? Hopefully nothing expensive falling off shelves and breaking.
The Mizer home had some items fall, but everyone is safe. Poor Maggie had never felt an earthquake before and was freaking out. I had to jump up and grab her and HOLD ON TIGHT as her heart was racing and she was shaking. She is now calm, more informed and anticipating all the aftershocks.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/118-34.htm
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

-never felt a thing in florida
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mizer gang , GLAD to here all are good. :D

The EQ's were great and I really do miss them .

Was decking a roof in Costa Mesa one time and blew a LARGE hole in the deck [ was like riding a skate board and trying to weld in the dark ]

Next good one was on Library Square downtown LA hanging Iron on the 43rd Fl [ right after a building collaps , non EQ related ] it was a rocker and you all can guess what went through our minds with iron banging every where.

Then I was on the Getty Musium in 94 when a real azz kicker hit [ North Ridge ] , when they let us back on the job 2 days later we found out that the Mt. we were on GREW 3 FEET.

Heck I was in the 1971 Silmar quake , ROCK AND ROLL BABY :D

Now Tornado's are windy and thats all I got to say about that...............
Last edited by welder on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

Glad to hear you guy are good. The epicenter was real close to town.
Stay safe.
CarolMizer
Your location: OC,CA

All calm now

Post by CarolMizer »

Living here all my life, there have been many memorable quakes. Sylmar being MY very first quake memory. That WAS a huge one. Northridge took out so much, hospital, apartments, freeways... Landers and Big Bear back to back were all bad. Same with Whittier, which was far too close for comfort for me. I have to say the quake this morning was a biggy, but not that bad as far as earthquakes go. Living in California means learning how to surf, no matter how close to the ocean you live. When the land below your feet moves like that, you plant the feet and roll with it.
:roll: Just glad it was not worse, I am on the disaster medical team for Los Angeles County and am not looking forward to my call out if there is a "big one".
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic