NEW INTERIOR MODIFICATIONS

Mods and custom builds
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

NEW INTERIOR MODIFICATIONS

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Well, Cody and I did some nice little changes to "XIAO MU JI" for this season.

1st, we doubled the size of the forward overhead console so it would be easier to reach the radios. We replaced the old AM/FMCasset radio with a 150-Watt AM/FM/CD Stereo unit and four new 75-watt speakers. We relocated the radios and Radio Directional Finder as well as we relocated the RDF antenna from the tower to the forward roof of the cabin (but forgot to take new pictures of it there).

THese pictures were taken before I varnished the console.

We put all new rod holders in and reversed the rod postions, the big sticks are in the rear of the cabin and the light sticks are now in the front. The wood trim runs across the cabin instead of fore to aft.

I also added three additional LED ceiling lights to help the lighting situation.

Here is the new console and forward small stick holders...

I also see I didn't snap the speaker covers back on...ooppss!

Harpon, Giant Flying Gaff, Medium Flying Gaff, Push/Pull Pole, are all mounted either in the console or one the side of the windows. I can't seem to find a place to mount my new 9'3" Bambo Gaff pole I got for the long reach fish or my 22' Squid Scoop Net, but I will by next trip.

Here is the new Gimble mount rod holders in the rear with the big sticks and I mounted the tagstick across the boat in stead of inline with the rods since there was no longer any room...

Here you can also see the new Armortec Bedlinner material on the cabin door, too! The Aluminum Alloy Boats sticker was put on later, just above the new liner edge.

All the wood trim and rod holders were drilled, tapped and secured with 10/32" x 1-1/4" Flat Head Stainless Steel Machine Screws. Lots, and Lots of drilling and tapping.
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Marty, Wow the "Xiao Mu Ji" (somehow I get a kick out of saying/writing her name.) is a Mean Killing Machine on the outside and on the inside.

You have different names for your rods? "Oh Oh Cody, get the One wood big BFT crashing starboard"

Love to seeing your wood work.

LED lights gotta love em................. More comments to come??????

Since you have Sirius Weather do you get the satellite radio too????? I have too upgrade my GPS to recieve that option... first is Winslow life raft.......(Winslow 4 man offshore plus #4OSLO) What is your expert opinion.

Great pics
Thanks
Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

MOJOMISER,

Mark,

If you want a WINSLOW, that is the MFG. that was in the show, i'll see if I can get a discount for you. I'll call the President for ya and see what kinda special price I can get for ya. WINSLOW's are now good for three years in their sealed packaging before they have to be serviced and recertified.

Send me a PM with your contact info.

No, all my rods have one name! Get "THAT ONE!" Cody!!!

I rigged up 500# mono from each side of my tower to the end rung of the Center rigger to keep it from being flexed downward when a fish hits the lure. I want to do the same thing for my corner riggers, but the cables from the Outriggers spreaders will hit them, then rub through them. Gotta figure something out for them to do the same thing. i know it will make a big difference in hookup ratio.

YES, My Garmin 376C has the XM Weather and XM Radio, it comes out of my truck when we get to the marina and then goes back to the truck after each trip. I made a XM antenna mount on the roof for the antenna and bought a second power cord which I wired up in the boat. I watch the weather all week, all year including the winter. I watch snow storms in the winter as well BACK SIDE the highseas (15' to 30' seas that are off the Edge by me. Then during the season, I watch what is coming towards me and effecting my weekly jaunt to the Edge!

If you go off the Edge, you IMHO gotta have the XM Weather live on-board!

GOD, I gotta catch a tuna soon.

This season with the cost of fuel, there probably won't be any DAY trips, instead eac trip will be three days! OUCH, I had to get GAS in Montauk yesterday, $4.65 cents for regular! and $4.90 for hightest.

Marty
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Thankyou Marty..........Holy great googley moogley Thats fuel dock prices right....... Glad mine is on a trailer..... $3.67 regular.

Love to see the canyon tuna vid. It is good to have the pulse on the weather and water temps.

Weekly three day jaunts to the edge???????

Have you seen Offshore Adventures on ESPN mothershipping it to Coco's Island on a seven year fishing trip around the world. I am always wondering how they manage their fuel costs.

Thankyou again
Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

mojomizer wrote:Thankyou Marty..........Holy great googley moogley Thats fuel dock prices right....... Glad mine is on a trailer..... $3.67 regular.

Love to see the canyon tuna vid. It is good to have the pulse on the weather and water temps.

Weekly three day jaunts to the edge???????

Have you seen Offshore Adventures on ESPN mothershipping it to Coco's Island on a seven year fishing trip around the world. I am always wondering how they manage their fuel costs.

Thankyou again
Mark
Mark,

Why do you think it cost $150K min for a membership, plus an annual fee of $30-80K plus all cost. The rich always have money, its good to be working for them, fuel could be $10.00 per gallon and it really would'nt matter.

For the rest of us, will do less trips, but longer trips, since the cost of a day trip just doesn't make seem to make sense anymore when your running 80-150NM one way to the Edge, and it looks like a 6-man crew makes better sense also to deferr fuel & bait cost. I usually bring 8-flats of butterfish for one night. They were getting $35.00 per flat and then I think the last flat was $42.00. I can only guess they will be $60.00 per flat this season if not more.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Marty that peaked my interest so I researched it.

Chris Fischer... Helped build SerVend International one of the worlds largest self serve beverage equipment producers for Coke and Pepsi.

Founded Fischer Productions in 2001. Fischer productions is a leading television content provider for the outdoors genre.

Chris bought the Artic Eagle a converted crabber from Frank Miles on a handshake in Costa Rica.

Http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/sport ... dventures/

I have to see the Great White Sharks Tagging program from Guadalupe Island. I fished there and paid the taxman (18' Great White) a few of my Yellowfin in my amatuer carreer. Earlier During a lull on the first day I got a little too comfortable.... I was draping my leg over the side rail. Travis a deckhand says Mark look below you. A 4' wide head and eyeballs the size of grapefruits (black eyes) I swear was looking at me. It was a strange feeling.... hairs literally stood on the back of my neck. Leg back over the rail in a nano second. Those fish were into tuna mode and not us humans but I will not chance that theory.

Have a great day
Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I thought that rich bastard's family had something to do with Red Lobster resturants too.

I'd love to know what fuel price would have him saying forget this, $100 a gallon?

Even people like him have breaking points. Mine was about $2.00 a gallon
:lol: :cry: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Dave,

Stop and think for a moment, he carries 15,000 gallons of diesel, OUCH! @ $5.00 a gallon, that $75K for a fillup, if it goes to $6.00 its$90K and $7.00 its $105K. Now, if he is smart, hell cruise over to Venisula to fill up and start and end the cruse from there where he can get it for $1.00 a gallon.

America, has to come up with the transportation energey solution to Arab oil. F&*K them and their Black Goop! Give us Hydrogen, solar and atomic. Then lets destroy the Middle East and all their assets and idiologies by eleminating us buying their black goo!

Why pay them to have them billions of our hard earned dollars only to hate and dispise us. Lets go covertly hunting and eleminate the issue...if you know what I mean.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Marty, I alway admire those who makes their dreams reality. I do not care how successful they are, just that they make it happen. I put you in that list of high regards.

I could not agree with you more (on unions too). We should seek more ways of being more energy independant. The one silver lining in this fuel cost issue is that, more people are being more energy efficient or at least conscience of what they are using. Most of the modern world is developing nuclear energy except the U.S. We should drill Anwr (Alaska National Wildlife Preserve) The USGS estimate a "possibility" of some 17 billion barrels of oil and 34 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. The U.S department of interior estimates are slightly lower. I would love to hear "Spoiled Ones" responce.

Of course extreme caution and measures should be applied tapping into that resource.

AS for the Middle East they will end up doing that to themselves. It is what they do. It has been happening for centuries.

On to what this original post was about. How do you keep your rods and reels from rattling? From my observations in your pics I must be missing something. Rattles on my boat drive me crazy trying to find them and fix them. (I know it's a boat. Its what they do.) but you have alot of gear hanging.

Regards
Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Mark,

Thanks for the support words, I do not come from money and I actually had a hard time getting through highschool. But, working with my hands and my excellent mechanical abilitites I succeeded. Over the years, I taught myself the sales and PR stuff. The real corp. world experiences came after I sold my second company and then worked with my old corp. Boss for 6.5 years. He taught me financial budgets and corp. stuff, which was better than college for me.

As far as the rattling reels goes, that is why I just redid the rod holders. I couldn't take the rattling anymore. If you look at the front rod hooks on the big game sticks and the reel gimble mounts no longer rattle. On the smaller rods on the console side, I think I will add the bungie cords to the handles so they don't rattle.

This weekend I'll try to take some video while running and post it for ya. Mty
Last edited by Ironwoodtuna on Tue May 13, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

I look at the current gas price problem to be a good thing...and hopefully a temporary problem in the big picture. If prices of gas and diesel stayed at a comfortable level, there would be no effort to change the way that we power our world. The discomfort we feel in our wallets will force new development and innovation.

At $7 or $8 a gallon...the impact on all of us will be dramatic. 30 gallons in my truck will be over $200. The prices of almost everything we buy will double. Those sand bass I catch off the California coast will cost me about $90/lb...that's a lot of money for sand bass!!!!

Giving our money to the Arabs is a huge problem, what they do with our money is the nightmare. How many of U.S. corporations became Arab owned over the last year? Does anyone working at those companies think that their interests are taken into consideration as the board of directors meets in their tent over the buffet of pita bread and camel dung?

Honestly, more small businesses like Marty's are the answer to the health and growth of our country.

...wait, weren't we talking about Marty's awesome boat? sorry....
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

Looks great, Marty. I look forward to seeing some tuna pictures.

Pete
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

I like the under roof rod holders and love the woodwork in the interior of your boat Marty. I really like those diamond seaglaze windows too(mine leak like crazy). Nice job.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

The Rock wrote:I like the under roof rod holders and love the woodwork in the interior of your boat Marty. I really like those diamond seaglaze windows too(mine leak like crazy). Nice job.
My sliding side windows leak at the bottom track in heavy rain, the rest of the fixed do not. Initially I thought that I should have done the reddish mohogany stain, but the red oak I used has grown on me and I kinda think it looks just as good.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

My sliding side windows leak at the bottom track in heavy rain, the rest of the fixed do not. Initially I thought that I should have done the reddish mohogany stain, but the red oak I used has grown on me and I kinda think it looks just as good.[/quote]

I just have rubber sealed windows would love to have Diamond Seaglaze windows put in (expensive option). I think who ever put my windows in didn't use the right sealant and I may pop them out and redo them. Yeah the bottom of my sliding side windows are the worst as well.

I think the red oak stain looks awesome. Any wood in the interior of a boat looks great to me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic