Only used for sport fishing.
More Pics...http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/4269607309.html

Asking $29,500
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: 24' Lee Shore Swiftsure for sale

Post by Chaps »

That's a good buy! Those boats are as studly as they come, thick, heavy, lots of freeboard, etc.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Bucket
Your location: Poulsbo, WA

Post by Bucket »

I just don't get the tube running across the deck with the wires and cables, seems like a major oversight.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Kenai, AK

Post by kmorin »

Bucket, we don't know the 'whole story' so its all presumption or 'BACK SIDE'umption as we dicuss the boat's current state.

The above deck conduit is poorly considered but, may have had some reason or retrofit reason we don't know about. An under deck, air tested conduit is much less in the way of walking on deck and is not that much work but who knows when this builder was told what that hull's cabin and engine package were to be???

The items concerning me are the extremely poor surface treatment of the skiff by the builder. Why mar an otherwise decent looking build with all that corrosion that shows glaringly in the different photos?

The side rail framing makes the boat a sled, and that shape is OK; but unfortunate to have to compromise really clean lines of the sheer with these slab sides.

I find the cabin lines too homely to accept, boxy slabs with few fair lines violates the hull's sheer and chine which seem nicely balanced with one another. What's wrong with these guys that they can't afford little work on the helm/dodge/dog house that is has to look so clumsy and agricultural?

Cabin beams that have flat lowers? What's too expensive to give a top and bottom camber, I know it costs a few bucks but those incredibly flat lower edges will be there forever, making a statement about the boat.

Welds look cold and 'built up', not as well fused as one would expect from this builder, but then the photos are poor quality so they can't be confirmed without detailed photos.

Over all the cabin will shimmy and shutter when the skiff heads into a head sea with any speed as they're inadequately supported by design. That neat bow deck hatch is totally ruined by steel gate hinges from the big box store intended for a fence in your yard!

Maybe the owner decided to try to 'get by cheap' and stopped what looks like a quality builder from completing the skiff in a more workman like manner? Who's to say? But I'm not able to accept her as she's shown, even with the low price, all I think would be purchased is a 30K start on fixing this skiff's problems.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
GreenHornet
Your location: Camano, WA.

Post by GreenHornet »

So just a couple of comments on kmorin's slams on my boat:

This boat was custom built for my dad in 2002 by Lee Shore. He's in to simplicity and yes the cabin is not pretty to all, but it is structurally sound, there is no shimmy...period. Anybody that wants to challenge me on this is more than welcome to come for a ride. His primary concern was salmon fishing and he wanted to be able to walk all the way around while fighting Monster Kings.

The above deck wiring is only ugly and you really don't notice it. I'm not sure how it ended up that way. No short cuts were requested, it came from Lee Shore that way and is not a retrofit. But it's easy to inspect your lines and replace anything if damaged. Anyone that takes the time to actually look at a Lee Shore knows that the welds are not "cold and built up" but reflect the strength in design.

Totally agree with the the comments on the deck hinges, but dad did a simple DIY...the new owner can replace them easy enough. Just like he loved his green spray paint way too much, that also can come off easy.

There is ABSOLUTELY no corrosion on this boat. He rubbed the whole thing down with WD-40 when he put it into storage every winter. These pictures were taken this summer right after we pulled it out of winter storage.

Yep the pictures might not be the best, but this is a QUALITY built LEE SHORE boat that has a unique cab design that not everybody will love. There are no short cuts.
They are over built, strong boats meant for hard work and to last a lifetime. Take a look at the Lee Shore website to see the quality and effort put into these designs. I will post some less offensive pictures tomorrow.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/y8Kyi0WNg40[/BBvideo]

HMM, ISN'T THERE A BIG LEE SHORE AD ON THE TOP OF THIS FORUM :nutkick:
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Kenai, AK

Post by kmorin »

Hey, Capt'n Dave did you want me to add a thorough point-by-point review of my post?

I'd offer one, but the owner confirmed my remarks pretty much point-by-point, but, if you'd like(?), I'd be happy to "post up" ?

Lee Shore can only do the work they're paid to do, and evidently the owner's father didn't want them to do 'what they can do' just what he wanted to afford; OK fine, Lee Shore did what was asked. Shortcuts were from the owner as I speculated.

Lee Shore's only issues in my post are the lines of the hull, (flat planar topsides aft the master station), and the welds which I cannot confirm or deny without close up photos, as noted. At some point in time, Lee like all quality builders, will refuse low cost compromises rather than have the design/build errors out there to haunt their work's name for decades to come, maybe they're already there?

We can get much more detailed if you'd like??

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
GreenHornet
Your location: Camano, WA.

Post by GreenHornet »

Kmorin,

I don't see a response from Lee Shore, but whatever. We all know they are a quality builder and this is another quality boat from them.
The cab is a stock cab you can see on their website.

The only thing I agree with you is a pair of hinges and yes the weird tube for the wiring.
You keep using the term "shortcuts" if that's all your referring to fine.

If you want to argue welding and design techniques you really need to bring it up with Lee Shore.

Whoever buys this boat will have a great boat that will last a lifetime.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic