NOT TROUT, so I'm seeing RED!

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

NOT TROUT, so I'm seeing RED!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

It's just too warm. Water temp is 72-74 degrees. So I can't get a bait in front of my Trout friends...believe me I've tried.

Here in Bazzaro world we have too high of salinity (dredging to China) and too much salt intrusions, also. That means "invasions" of small Mangrove Snappers who eat everything meant for a Trout. LIVE shrimp ain't cheap, so it won't be anytime soon that'll I'll do what I've been waiting for all HOT summer..."Cold, Trout Galore, and no one around."

So, I'm seeing Red. REDFISH that is. (aka: Red Drum) and some Black Drum too. Redfishes Ugly Cousin.

"LT"- Light Tackle, BIG REDFISH.

One small enough to keep!

Black Drum, on a Matrix Shad (soft plastic) and a 1/4 oz. jighead.
Very special catch :!: It's only my 2nd in 30 years, that I caught a Black Drum on a lure. They are not meat eaters, and aren't aggressive. They are "grazers", and eat shrimp, crabs, worms. Of course, they eat lures in Louisiana. But usually not here in Bazzaro world Florida.
So, a lure caught Black Drum for me is special. Last one was 10 years ago.

JULIE & SCOTT from Bismark, N. Dakota had a super big time.

"DOUBLE-HEADER"

HAVE YA BENT YER UGLY......STIK, LATELY :?:
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: NOT TROUT, so I'm seeing RED!

Post by Chaps »

That's some nice fish catchin' right there. My buddy in the USCG just got transferred down to Lake Charles, LA and he says they are getting those drum too . . . guess I should get my butt down there. Dave, you know anything about that area?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: NOT TROUT, so I'm seeing RED!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Chaps wrote:That's some nice fish catchin' right there. My buddy in the USCG just got transferred down to Lake Charles, LA and he says they are getting those drum too . . . guess I should get my butt down there. Dave, you know anything about that area?
It's close to Texas........and if a Osprey picked me up and dropped my azz off in BIG LAKE, AKA: ""lake calcasieu"", I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T MIND :!: :!:

A wade fishermans dream. Giant Trout. West Louisiana has a lower trout limit though. Believe it's just 15 per person :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

And yeah, all the Redfish ya want.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic