Finally!!

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Finally!!

Post by AlloyToy »

Been a bit absent between getting up every morning to hunt, and work. My youngest son and I have seen birds every time we've been out for the last two weeks. Today was a solo trip after a late night of watching the Bruins come back and win

Got in the woods at 4:45 am and set out a hen decoy 25 plus yards away in and area that we've been seeing birds. 5:00am an owl sets of the roosted toms and for the next 30 minutes I hear gobbling down hill from my post. I begin to call and right away a tom zeros in on my calling local and makes his way towards me with a real authoritative loud raspy gobble. Bird is coming in hot and heavy. Switch over to my mouth call and give a couple kee kee kee calls and now I hear him drumming and spitting making his way to me. I see movement beyond some small maples but can't see the bird yet. One more kinda silent "kee" and he steps out and locates the decoy. Safety off I draw on him he steps toward the decoy and between two hemlocks.....POW!! game over!!

9 3/4" beard
1" spurs
18.5 pound Tom
3" Magnum #5 shot
welder
Site Admin

Re: Finally!!

Post by welder »

NICE Bird, what is your favorite cooking process?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Thanks guys!! Les, I slice the breast meat 1/4" thick slices and BBQ it.......legs I strip the meat and grind it into turkey burger
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15
Your location: Wits End

Post by Sabs28 »

Nice Shot AT :thumbsup: There are flocks of them in my neighborhood, holding up traffic is a common thing. I counted over 50 in my back yard a couple years ago. Last week I had one standing in front of my truck with the puffed out tail & wings flapping, A couple toots from the horn & I showed him who was boss :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

CONGRATS.......someday I'll shoot one of those, with more than a .22
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Thanks guys...marinating now in olive oil, coarse salt, garlic and pepper :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic