1989 Rozema boat Built like a TANK!

A Place to Show and Tell
Jimbo830
Your location: seabeck wa

1989 Rozema boat Built like a TANK!

Post by Jimbo830 »

I have been looking at purchasing a new boat for quite sometime to use for my shellfish business and a little personal use. After inquiring all aluminum boat builders in Washington and Oregon I made a decision to go with Either Lee Shore or River hawk both were great to work with on the phone. very hard decision between the to.

Well I ended finding this at the auction months ago and won the bid for very cheap. so instead of buying new I am now a happy owner of this rozema. It says on the title 23' but it actually measures 27'. I am so impressed with the build quality the aluminum is 3/4" all around the boats. it has twin engine volvo's 145's and there are now both running great after some work. the boat goes about 30 MPH and has a heater, spotlight, worklights, electronics.

Let me know what you think.

I still need to bottom paint but am not sure of the steps. if somebody could advise the best way to remove the old paint that would be great.
Jimbo830

Re: 1989 Rozema boat Built like a TANK!

Post by Jimbo830 »

boat pics
Attachments
boat1.jpg
boat1.jpg (93.4 KiB) Viewed 7562 times
boat2.jpg
boat2.jpg (96.89 KiB) Viewed 7562 times
boat3.jpg
boat3.jpg (82.29 KiB) Viewed 7562 times
Fisherman
Your location: Central CA

Post by Fisherman »

Nice boat! I need to find out how to find boats being auctioned. How'd you do it?

What's the beam on the boat...is it over 8 1/2 ft?

I have been looking at Lee Shore as well...right now in the top 5 on my list. But...I think I'd be just as happy with an old boat like you have with some modifications done to it.
Jimbo830

Post by Jimbo830 »

I goto auctions to find equipment for my christmas greens business. I have never seen a boat in the auction before I think it was just a one time lucky deal. and since no one is there looking to bid on the boat I got it for nothing. when I first got the boat, I bought it as if the motors did not work. I was going to weld on an outboard bracket and put twin 250hp yamaha's on it, I still will after these motors go out. the motors and outdrives seem to be fine though and after I invested $7k in outdrives, electrical and motor parts they purr like kittens.

Does anyone know what the pole is used for in the picture on the opposite side of the davit? it looks like another davit holder but it's not. I'm wondering if it's for a line reel or something. it has a plastic bushing in it.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Great find!!!!!!!! I like her lines and tough build. I am guessing that it was used for something like this:

http://www.seawinch.com/default.aspx?p=minihydraulics

Your boats has everthing on her :thumbsup: Great thing about Aluminum you can always modify to what you want.

What type of shellfish????????
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Kenai, AK

Post by kmorin »

Jimbo I've seen rubber D rub rails like that promote corrosion against the hull's mount surface so it would be a good idea to look to see if there are any places where there is a white chalky build up at the top or bottom of the rubber? Not necessarily all boats would do that, but I've been involved with some that had some serious degradation behind the D rubber bolted on to the hull.

your boat looks nice, hope this is one without any poultice behind the rubber.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
kmorin
Jimbo830

Post by Jimbo830 »

Fisherman wrote:Nice boat! I need to find out how to find boats being auctioned. How'd you do it?

What's the beam on the boat...is it over 8 1/2 ft?

I have been looking at Lee Shore as well...right now in the top 5 on my list. But...I think I'd be just as happy with an old boat like you have with some modifications done to it.

I haven't measured the boat but it barley fits in the lane.
Jimbo830

Post by Jimbo830 »

mojomizer wrote:Great find!!!!!!!! I like her lines and tough build. I am guessing that it was used for something like this:

http://www.seawinch.com/default.aspx?p=minihydraulics

Your boats has everthing on her :thumbsup: Great thing about Aluminum you can always modify to what you want.

What type of shellfish????????
I farm oysters and clams in the hood canal and puget sound. just started that business a couple years ago and I really enjoy it. I have other businesses that are forest orientated so some days I'm working in the woods and others in the water. I prefer the water.
Jimbo830

Post by Jimbo830 »

kmorin wrote:Jimbo I've seen rubber D rub rails like that promote corrosion against the hull's mount surface so it would be a good idea to look to see if there are any places where there is a white chalky build up at the top or bottom of the rubber? Not necessarily all boats would do that, but I've been involved with some that had some serious degradation behind the D rubber bolted on to the hull.

your boat looks nice, hope this is one without any poultice behind the rubber.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
I haven't seen anything but after you said this I will inspect closer. thanks for the heads up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic