FS: 35' SeaWolf and Residential Property

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
CanCanCase
Your location: Charleston, OR

FS: 35' SeaWolf and Residential Property

Post by CanCanCase »

2002 35' SeaWolf Custom Built SportFisher/CabinCruiser
Twin KAD43 Volvo-Pentas with DuoProp I/Os - currently less than 1300 hours on each.
Wallas 40D diesel furnace, 3 burner cook top, 5kW genset
Furuno NavNet w/ C-Map NT, radar, plotter, sounder, 1 x 10.4" screen, 2 x 7" screens - all networked.
300# Safe-t-puller on combination pot puller/davit (electric)
Isolation Transformer.
5 x Canon DigiTroll IV downriggers (4 mounted + 1 spare).
Full compliment of AK fishing tackle: 6 UglyStick/Penn salmon/trolling setups; 4 Barefoot/Penn heavy action bottomfish setups; 2 heavy action electric deep-drop setups for sablefish; + spares for all, and too much terminal gear to list. (Oh, and 2 Sage/Ross fly setups (8 wt and 5 wt) too...)
Currently equipped with 10' AquaPro alloy bottom inflatable tender and Yamaha 8hp short-shaft. That may get swapped for a 12' alloy skiff this season... either way, whatever dinghy is mounted up top will sell with her.

The boat was built for a cruising couple, but due to lack of use was put into charter service 4 seasons ago. Always owner operated and maintained. There's 10+ easy years of low-maintenance charter service or a lifetime of cruising to be had with this boat... She's currently generating over $100K per year in "casual" charter income.

Asking $250K boat fully equipped or $300K packaged with full 40' Boathouse in Aurora Basin - Juneau, AK. (Asking $100K for boathouse alone.) Major caveat is I'd like to defer delivery until Oct. 1, 2008. I'll be happy to deliver almost anywhere, and I'm sure there's a "lease back" arrangement to be made here so I can finish my season! PM or eMail with questions, inclusions, or to make offer...

(I've also got a brand new 3 bedroom home in Bandon, OR that I'd like to list... she doesn't float at all, and there's very little alloy in the structure, though... so I'd probably better list that one elsewhere, eh?) ;-)

EDIT: by "popular demand," here's the info on the house:
It shows as new and only 3 years old. 2 bedrooms 2 baths with den or study, and large open Great Room with lofted cieling and a beautiful island kitchen and dining area. Some of the other custom features are; Hardwood floors through out, pantry in kitchen, granite counter tops, individual electric kadet type heaters in every room as well as central heat and cooling via a heat pump. 1860 square feet plus 500 additional square feet in the bonus room over the two car attached garage. Single level home.

Recently assessed at nearly $600K. Asking $450K, or full or partial trade for the right boat or property in Pelican, Alaska.

If you're not familiar with the Oregon Coast and/or the Bandon area, it's a golfer's paradise on the West Coast... imagine Palm Springs, only coastal... You can take a look at www.BandonByTheSea.com for more info about the area...

-Case

M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Charleston, OR
Boating is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator
Your location: Freeport, Maine, USA

Post by Jay Perrotta »

Great looking boat!
Jay Perrotta
Kelper
Your location: Craig, Ak

Post by Kelper »

Case,

What are you replacing it with? Are you going to open up shop in Pelican? I did commercial fishing around there and up on the fairweathers in my younger years. It's really good fishing and very beautiful.
CanCanCase

Post by CanCanCase »

The Pelican deal is a retirement wish for my folks. Back in the 60's, my Mom taught school out there, and Dad owned the Pelican Bar and Grill. When Dad had an opportunity to buy the Red Dog in Juneau from the Kanouse family, he gave Rose some very good terms to take the place over - Rosie's was born! My folks had so many great adventures out there, I think they're just looking for a nice summer home. I also wouldn't mind having access to the place if it were big enough... we're out that way on overnight charters at least 6 or 8 times each year...

As for replacement boats, I can't lust after anything just yet... have to sell the boat I've got before I can buy a new one, and with a full charter season booked up, that's the real challenge (who wants to buy a boat now and not use it all summer?) I do have some line drawings of a 45' MaxCat on my office wall that are causing quite a bit of salavation every time I sit down and look to my left! ;-)

-Case
CanCanCase

Re: FS: 35' SeaWolf and Residential Property

Post by CanCanCase »

She's not sold, but definitely OFF THE MARKET!!!

I'm running her to LaConner for engine rebuilds and refitting this May/June. Truck her to Charleston, OR for Tuna season, and I can live a happy semi-retirement. Oh, the house in Bandon is still on the market if I don't move in there myself, and with the economy in the toilet now, someone's going to get a GREAT DEAL on the boathouse here in Juneau!!!

-Case
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

That's one mighty expensive house, for it's size.
I just must be used to the declining market here.
You could take that $$ and move here and make out.
CanCanCase

Post by CanCanCase »

Well... funny how all things work out sometimes...

I'm now living in the above mentioned house, going to sea-trial the CanCan in a week or so, and I'll finally get my boat back sometime before 9/11/09! Missed halibut season, but I don't get why folks get so excited about the little ping-pong paddles out here... They're still catching plenty of tuna, and there are reports of striped marlin and swordfish out here too (along with a 97 lb. Opah caught up North a few weeks back!) Should make for a fishy/crabby fall season and a lot of fun!

Oh, JW... as far as taking the house money and making out down there, that's exactly what I did staying on this coast... My house in Juneau was on the market for 4 days before it sold, and the housing market up there hasn't crashed yet, so I got darn near all my money out of it. Now we're here in OR where I can get something close to a $1M home for my $300K... It's a great time to buy I say!

-Case
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic