Swivel rod Holder ?

General boating discussion
fatcow
Your location: MA

Swivel rod Holder ?

Post by fatcow »

I own a pacific 23'. I want to install swivel rod holder. What do u guys recommend? I want 0 degree will that work Or do i need something with a degree. Any input would be great.
Thx Bobby
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator
Your location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Swivel rod Holder ?

Post by Gundog »

I am working on a new design for some aluminum rod holders that I think will be very functional but I am away off from having a working prototype and finished product. They will work much like the plastic rod holders made by many companies but mine are machined from 1/2" 6061 T-6 aluminum. They will be adjustable horizontal to vertical and they are not just an aluminum tube. The mounts will work with my sliding rail system and the rod holder will swivel 360* and lock every 30* or so. Sorry I don't have any finished pictures yet but I have made some prototype parts from plastic and will be machining some aluminum parts soon.

Mike
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Post by goatram »

Till Mike has a working model; Check out Scottie or Folbe Rod holders. Both a fully adjustable ones that when the fish bite you grab the rod and lift it and the holder opens up like a clam shell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-_V24qQMWI
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Capt. G
Your location: Gloucester, MA

Post by Capt. G »

I have 5- 0 degree swivels on my Pacific but I only fish bent butt rods out of them while fishing for BFT.
Capt. G
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

I have angled holders on my pacific(stock) I also added two 0 degree aft and am adding one 0 degree forward. The ones I added are from Solo Marine in Conn. Also from Solo I've purchased some swivel adapters, check these out! You get the best of both worlds. Solo makes some great stuff as you will see if you check them out. Their products are are SS and built to last.Also have their interchangable system, one pole that holds tail-rope,gaff,brush,boat hook,sheeps-hook (use to guide line over motor when tuna fishing) www.Solomarine.com eliminates a lot of items and gives me more room for other things
dawgaholic
Your location: Middle Georgia

Post by dawgaholic »

Thanks for the link to Folbe holders, those are the shizit. Just how much so is to be determined when the cost is revealed...
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
West Lake Willows
Your location: Canada

Post by West Lake Willows »

Gundog wrote:I am working on a new design for some aluminum rod holders that I think will be very functional but I am away off from having a working prototype and finished product. They will work much like the plastic rod holders made by many companies but mine are machined from 1/2" 6061 T-6 aluminum. They will be adjustable horizontal to vertical and they are not just an aluminum tube. The mounts will work with my sliding rail system and the rod holder will swivel 360* and lock every 30* or so. Sorry I don't have any finished pictures yet but I have made some prototype parts from plastic and will be machining some aluminum parts soon.

Mike
Mike,

Based on your other stuff, I can't wait to see your rail system. I'm sure it is gonna be sweet.

Scott
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic