Some Edwing boats

Post your Alloy pictures here
Sculpin

Some Edwing boats

Post by Sculpin »

I have collected a few photos of Edwings over the last few years.

A couple of center console's

This one is a 23' model

This one we have all seen many times before :thumbsup:

A few shots of the 23' cabin model (apparently only about 6 were made).

Last edited by Sculpin on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Sculpin

Re: Some Edwing boats

Post by Sculpin »

Here is a shot of a 32' walk around for sale in Alaska forever!!! (secretly I'm just waiting for it to drop to a price I'm comfortable with) :joecool:

Here is a 36' model and probably the nicest one I have ever seen set up for sportfishing and for finish. Just a wee bit out of my price range.

Here is one that I just found a few weeks ago but don't know anything about it. Looks pretty cool though. Maybe Chaps knows something about it?

John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Here is a shot of my buddy taking a leak off the back of mine.

A lot of folks up here bug me about the low rails on my boat. Most of the alloy boats up here have a deeper cockpit or higher sides on them. I have never taken water over the side of my boat and I have been in some snotty weather with her. I really like the high railings however. What I really like is being able to see what's going on over the side that much easier with the lower sides for netting fish etc.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

I used to see that 32 running between Elfin Cove and Gustavis picking up clients at the airport then I guess they would fish outside. That lodge had two of them built identical as I recall.

That 23 CC - thought mine was the only one he had ever built so that one must have come later.

The red one looks like his Bristol Bay boats but smaller
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Illgotoo
Donator '12

Post by Illgotoo »

I definitely enjoy looking at those Edwing models. Thanks for organizing those photos.
It's not getting what you want. It's wanting what you got. -Sheryl Crow

15' Stabi-craft
17' Safeboat
18' Eaglecraft
16' Eaglecraft
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Illgotoo wrote:I definitely enjoy looking at those Edwing models. Thanks for organizing those photos.
There are quite a few more of the 23 cabin model on the ifish forum. I think there are 3 fellows on there that have them. There was 4 but I bought one a few years ago. I like rare boats and I really liked the looks of the Edwings too. When I saw one come up for sale on the ifish forum I scooped it right away.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

drookit

Post by drookit »

The 23' cabin kinda reminds me of a couple of boats I've seen like it made by ATEC here in Alaska. They were 23' too.

Ken
1985 Almar Lite 16'
1987 Suzuki 65hp
? Johnson 8hp kicker.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Damn that always pisses me off when people can't keep two dang feet on the deck where they're supposed to be.
I can whoop up on anything that swims, and can do it with feet on the dang deck!

Hence, they try that on my boat too, and get the wrath of Dave upon thy azz.

Sorry, RANT over.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

I was cruising the ifish forum looking for Edwing projects and mods etc. and found a few more shots of the 23 cabin model.

John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

They are so rare I love it. Show me another boat that looks like that. I have never met Ed but damn that guy knows how to design a boat. His welding is questionable but the design is great. Fuel efficient, packs a load, and tough as they make them.

1/4" bottom AND sides. Full 3" pipe rails at the gunnel. I mean full not cut in half. Absolute tanks!!!
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

ronm

Post by ronm »

Surprised I was when the first pic on this thread is of my Edwing! I had done a search on Edwing boats and I clicked on a result, got this thread. I see from reading the thread that there is another Edwing 23 ft pilothouse, aka walk-around, model, I thought I had the only one. I looked at a 20 ft model before mine was made, like mine it had an enclosed PH.

I picked mine up in Aug of 04 and it's seen a lot of use since. I retired in '03 and fishing the ocean (this boat isn't much good anywhere else!) is what I like to do, most years about 50 trips. I mostly fish out of Newport or Depoe Bay, OR. It's been out of the CR once and Garibaldi once for the Oregon Tuna Classic a few years ago.

I've had a few modifications, additions actually, done on the boat. Unfortunately I never learned how to weld, but I found a great guy to work with in Lebanon OR. There are two half-totes on the boat, one in front of the PH and one behind it, they make good fish boxes. The front one is only used on tuna trips. The boat is great for fishing and crabbing, not so good for the crew when running out or back in tough conditions as they sit on a cooler on the back deck.

BTW, I think there are at 6 of us on the ifish Salty Dog board that have Edwings.
ronm
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Welcome to the site Ronm good looking boat!, please post pictures of your boat, how is it powered? and how does it perform?

You will find great people here with a ton of fabulous information.

Cheers

Rick
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

this is the biggest Edwing I have seen. just found it on craigslist. It is for sale up in Alaska.
Mike
Attachments
36 by 12 raised pilot Edwing.jpg
BoatBucks

Post by BoatBucks »

The boat in post #9 is "Aces & Eights". Buddy of mine owns it and I've fished out of her several times. Good boats for sure. They are fuel efficient but don't ride too great when it gets a little sporty. Luckily he's got 4 air rides that help. We've been out when we probably should of stayed home and learned the boat can take more ocean than the crew.
philinak

Post by philinak »

The long lost 21' hard top in AK...
Attachments
Edwing 4.jpg
Edwing 5.jpg
THEMOORINGMAN

Post by THEMOORINGMAN »

I own a 24' Edwing! Great boat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic