Retro car thoughts.

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Retro car thoughts.

Post by S L Dave »

In the late 60's and early 70's I was a kid who loved cars... American Muscle Cars.

The retro car movement has the car companies always promising to deliver a car that would bring back the past body style with the technology of the present.

Ford has given us several Mustang styles with that same pledge...IMHO they have missed the mark by miles each time.

Chevy has recently created the new Camaro that I hoped would look like the 68 - Chevy execs had many press releases that claimed 67/68 styling.
Maybe...if you look at it from one angle, and the light is just right...it kinda has some cues from the great classic design.
Bottom line - It does not look like a 67/68 Camaro.

The PT Cruiser and the Prowler .... I don't really get what they were going for with those.

The car companies know what we want, they say they are going to deliver, then they don't. I am not sure why. UNTIL...

http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/challenger/

Turn your sound up.

I know that there are no chrome bumbers and the gas cap is on the wrong side...who cares? These guys finally did it right.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

That's what I'm talking about! That new Challenger is a great looking car.

Oddly enough & no particular reason why, but I have never owned a Chrysler/Dodge product before.

Maybe, I've been subconsciously awaiting the new Challenger? :shock:

They really captured the 'old style' with a 'new' look. Very appealing.

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic