Naragansett Bay Stripes

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Naragansett Bay Stripes

Post by Tin Cup »

Finally got out last night for the maiden voyage of 2011, it's been a long winter. Hit the ramp at 5:30pm with dos amigos, a bucket of eels and high hopes on the evening outgoing tide. No one is at the ramp and the parking lot is empty save a few trailers. Dang I was prepared for battle; Memorial Day Weekend and spring striper season is in full swing, where is everyone?

The plan was to check a few spots for surface action until dusk, then switch to eels. The three of us work the top water hard with plugs, plastics and swimmers. Nothing, no birds, no bait, no signs of life or any other fisherman. We switched up and trolled some deep swimmers, still nothing. Next we head to a favorite spot of mine for the switch to eels, marking the occasional fish along the way. The first drift showed the fish stacked up like cord wood, this is gonna be easy. No takes. Repeat drift except this time no fish marked, these fish are on the move. Drift, drift, drift, marking lots of fish down there but no takers. Add some weight and two of us get immediate takes but no hook ups. Drift, drift, drift, drift, nothing. I take my lead off and bingo; a solid take and hook up to kick off the season. Fog rolls in 30 mins later and we begin a 2hr trek back at 5-6 knts with zero visibility.

Sorry, not a great picture, if you look hard you can see some alloy. I'm looking forward to another good season :beer:
Attachments
IMG00058-20110528-2118.jpg
IMG00058-20110528-2118.jpg (50.5 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
clambo
Donator '22

Re: Naragansett Bay Stripes

Post by clambo »

Tin Cup, You just gotta love this stuff eh? How's the little cup doing? Still find myself laughing about him saying " Hey mister you gotta see this crab" Fish on :thumbsup:
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

Clambo,

The little cup is doing great but he was not happy about me taking the first trip out with out him, I hope to get him out this weekend.

See you around.

Eric
Illgotoo
Donator '12

Post by Illgotoo »

Good start to the new season. Hard work pays!
It's not getting what you want. It's wanting what you got. -Sheryl Crow

15' Stabi-craft
17' Safeboat
18' Eaglecraft
16' Eaglecraft
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic