Tournament Day

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Tournament Day

Post by AlloyToy »

My youngest son and I fished in the "Fluke Till You Puke" tournament Sat.

Up at 3:30 and out the door. We readied all the gear food ect the night before. Started off Newport. Made a few drifts....no fluke :banghead: Had a very large Bass grab my 25# fluke rig at the surface and steamed for the deep. Got him to the surface after a challenging fight only to see him make a turn and run the gill plate over the mono.....SNAP!! :hammer:

Headed further East to Sakonnet and made multiple drifts in the big rollers.....nothing!!

Decided with time winding down to head back West to Narragansett. Found a school of blues pounding the surface and to keep my sons head in the game handed him the spinning rod and watched him toss a surface plug at the feeding frenzy.
He was so excited to see the multiple hook up surface explosions landing by himself four blues. Played for a 1/2 hr with them and headed to the beaches for Fluke. Had a dozen fish with only two being keepers.

By noon the little guy had enough with the sea conditions. We pulled the plug and headed for the barn and the tournament cookout.

All in all great day OTW with the youngest. Best Father's Day gift going :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG (167.29 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
IMG_1666.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG (138.34 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: Tournament Day

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hey AT...one of yer "OIL" tankers made it's way down here!
In case I didn't tell ya yet. And it paid the price too. After it's battle with something with larger teeth to it's tail, it became fertilizer under a small tree I planted in the back yard....C'C'mon :thumbsup:

So, no Flukes? That's a Fluke. (head scratch emoticon missing)
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Re: Tournament Day

Post by AlloyToy »

I try not to bring those slime buckets in the boat :mrgreen: Two keepers all the rest were cookie cutters
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic