Video Fishing Report: Jettywolf

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Video Fishing Report: Jettywolf

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I don't write reports NO MO', I do video reports.

More to see: 1/19/2011 - Erica & Curtis' Winter Day at the jetties:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywd2cWclhEc
pjay9
Your location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Video Fishing Report: Jettywolf

Post by pjay9 »

Nice video! Question: Do you really need to net those fish? It seems that if they are hooked well just pull them out with a smooth accelerating lift over the rail. I did that with rockfish in Puget Sound and it was much further lift than your boat. Always made sure it was a good hook set then used the net if not. Don't recall loosing a fish.

Interesting seeing shots of the Stealth...saw some photos in my Work Boat and Maritime Magazines! THX for sharing. Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Sure we could just "sling" a pup sized Black Drum or any other smaller fish in the boat.
But, because they are my customers fish, I do everything to insure the catch and that means in the boat and just incase with a net under them.

They usually have no idea how well a fish is hooked. It's called insurance. Me personally?????
I sling about every fish into the boat, less than 5 pounds or so. But then again, I'm not heart broken when I loose one or two, either.

The footage just covered the smallest ones. I was busy, busy, busy rebaiting and watching the anchor as we were backed up to a mile long pile of 10 granite boulders coming outa the water, and the full moon had me working HARD to catch anything.

Water temp here is LOW, it's 48 degrees and that's C-O-L-D for us. Fish size and species gets tougher and tougher the colder the water gets.

It be winter in sunny FLA. too. :joecool:
pjay9
Your location: Tacoma, WA

Post by pjay9 »

That is colder than we are here in Puget Sound...hangs around 54 all year very little variation. Take care of the customer is a GOOD philosophy! You need to show us one of those brick block anchors you spoke about in another post!
Keep on Fishing! Capt PJ :beer:
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

O yeah, that's right.....I forgot.
I'll go do some VIDEO, right now.

Yep, it's called the Atlantic. I bleieve itr's allot more tramultuous than the Pacific. The Gul;f of Mexico is just a big pond, compared the Lake Atlantic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic