Noreaster

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Capt. G
Your location: Gloucester, MA

Noreaster

Post by Capt. G »

We have been stuck in port since Sunday night as our summer of fair weather turned nasty. Wind gusts to 60 knts and 12' seas hitting the beach the past 2 days and today more of the same predicted. I call Jay and told him it was prime sea trial weather after taking this photo of Mother Nature at her wildest along the GLoucester shore Tuesday at 1200.

When this low passes and the high builds in the cod and haddock bite should be epic as they dont feed during deep low pressure events. Sharpening up the gaffs and fillet knives right now for the coming weekend's trips.
Capt. G
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Re: Noreaster

Post by mojomizer »

Very cool picture Capt. G Knowledge about your fisheries has always peaked my interest. Could you share a fish finder pic describing Cod, Bait and bottom make up????????

Do you think the fall Bluefin bite will be Epic????? Seemed this spring there were some Monster Fish showing up off the Carolina's or are these fish coming from somewhere else????? Have the Menhaden showed up strong along the coast??????

Dreaming one day to fish the Giants........... and do some codding too. I still say someone out there should try a Salas PL68 Jig in Glow :thumbsup:

Thanks for Sharing

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I believe a hurricane is gonna be on your doorstep next Cappy G.

It's gonna pass here far away but they are already talking your area for passage also.

Good bye flat azz seas for awhile??

There's those things that just tell ya...summer is over.
21ftcc
Donator '09
Your location: Worcester, MA

Post by 21ftcc »

Jetty,

The best time to go seems to be, between storms. There seems to always be a pressure push where the seas calm and the wind rests. Then all hell breaks
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Good luck with that....

I'll stay inshore and let the good seas roll >>>> somebody else.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic