HOPE I CAN HELP SOME OF YOU

Introduce yourself here
tbirder

HOPE I CAN HELP SOME OF YOU

Post by tbirder »

Hi all,
My name is Clint, and I own the company that produces Sharkhide Metal Protectant.
I joined your group in hopes of being some assistance to those members that like to maintain a good finish on their raw (un painted) aluminum hulls. I'm not here to sell you any thing, rather to try to answer questions about protecting you hulls, be they new "Mill Finish", acid washed, or polished.
I look forward to being able to answer any questions you may have.
Clint
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I've been on your web site......many have possibily.

I added you in my links, where we have an on-going links page of manufactures and products.

Seems that the west coast river runners like shiney polished.

Many of the boats here BlackLabs/Pacifics come with a factory Nyalac coating already. Other than that I don't know much about what others have or don't have.

Our members range from Austrailia to Alaska and the U.K.

Good to have you. And you'll only get what you put in, I guess you already know that. So I always encourage participation, because that's how we grow.

This site is just a few months old and you can already see, that we're really moving along.

There was a big need for a site with this topic. Not everyone gets how great aluminum alloy really is for boats. And we have lots of manufacture & dealer support.

Thanks,
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

Hey Dave,
Well thanks for the welcome.
Sharkhide Metal Protectant is used by several OEM's as well, but my goal is not to set up the factorys (although I won't run any of them off, LOL), but to help with the thousands of aluminum boat owners out there that take pride in the appearence of their boats, but don't know of any way to protect the finish on their hulls.
I hope your fellow members have some questions for me, because it feels good to be needed!
Clint
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

What is Sharkhide? Is it similar to Nyalic? Can it be applied over Nyalic type products?
Armstrong 29 with Yamaha F350
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

there ya go.........That's what I was thinking too.

But the conversation should be on the SHOP TALK forum, really. Not here in the welcome section, if done right.

tbirder, just make a post about your product there in shop talk and answer some FYI questions.

Thanks,
tbirder

SHARKHIDE METAL PROTECTANT

Post by tbirder »

ruggit wrote:What is Sharkhide? Is it similar to Nyalic? Can it be applied over Nyalic type products?
Hey there ruggit,
Although I've heard of the other product, I don't have any hands on with it, so I wouldn't want to tell you it's ok to apply Sharkhide over it. But I can fill you in on Sharkhide.
Sharkhide is a metal protectant you can wipe or spray on any type of metal. Once it dries (aprox 60 to 90 seconds), it seals and protects the metal from stuff like stains, streaks, water lines, in both fresh and salt water. It also protects your hull from salt, and mag chloride spray from the roads. It doesn' chip, peel or flake off, and all you do to maintain it, is wipe a new coat right over the old one every few years.
I hope I hit all the high points for you. If not just ask, and I'll try to answer.
Clint
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

JETTYWOLF wrote:there ya go.........That's what I was thinking too.

But the conversation should be on the SHOP TALK forum, really. Not here in the welcome section, if done right.

tbirder, just make a post about your product there in shop talk and answer some FYI questions.

Thanks,
Hi Dave,
Sorry about that. I'm still learning. You'll have to keep an eye on me for a while. LOL
I moved ruggit's question and my response to the "shop talk" section.
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Welcome to the site Clint!

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Greg P

Post by Greg P »

Looks good tbird. I want to polish the unpainted gunnels and bowrails on my boat. Are some of the finishes on the web page achieved with a buff or all done by hand ?

Can we get this in Oz ?
tbirder

SHARKHIDE

Post by tbirder »

Hey Greg,
I'll be glad to answer your question, but I'll move it over to shop talk if that's ok.
Clint
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

Daddy'O wrote:Welcome to the site Clint!

Wayne
Thanks Wayne. I hope I can help some of you gus with your questions.
Clint
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic