Mojo is a ginsu master!

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Mojo is a ginsu master!

Post by S L Dave »

Two grown men go out fishing...and neither one remembers to bring a knife?!?!? :banghead:

However, if one of those guys is Mojomizer, never fear. Mojo pulled a 3" pocket knife and perfectly sliced through a dozen fish in a matter of minutes. Thanks Mark for a great trip on the SS Mojo!!!

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Re: Mojo is a ginsu master!

Post by welder »

Man , I can read a News Paper through those ribs. :shock:

Well done Mark............and you too Dave.

Which Boat did Y'all take out ?

The Pacific or the Pacific ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Deno
Your location: SAN DIEGO, CA

Post by Deno »

S L Dave wrote:Two grown men go out fishing...and neither one remembers to bring a knife?!?!? :banghead:

However, if one of those guys is Mojomizer, never fear. Mojo pulled a 3" pocket knife and perfectly sliced through a dozen fish in a matter of minutes. Thanks Mark for a great trip on the SS Mojo!!!

Nice!!! Going scouting down South here soon June 4 or 11, you guys on?
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Heh Heh Dave you are too kind. It is me thanking you on being a most excellent fishing buddy.......... not many people can hang with a day like we had and put up with the bazillion amount of stuff I take with me (minus fillet knife) and do some squid ink scrubbing the boat........ Well let this story start here.

Thank you Carolmizer for letting me go fishing. Two weeks earlier Carol had shoulder and bicep surgery. Some gorilla drunk longshoreman came into The ER room and tore her shoulder out one night at work. Icing her shoulder down. Finding out she was allergic to some anti-septic bandaging ointment. Ripping some stitches out trying to rectify that problem and then a postponement in her physical therapy from a infection and emergency treatment. (Nurses do make the worst patients)

Two weeks after surgery:

Getting the boat out of storage 8:30 pm getting down to the ramp to meet Super Dave at 12:00 am. Since the boat is in a storage yard I must Load and unload all the safety stuff, emergency repair stuff and tools, Fishing gear and tackle, enough food and drink to feed an army, 30 lbs. of ice, Boat electronics and a bean bag to sleep on (in shifts). Braille net and bait nets for some squid if they decide to float for me and some MOJO-LIGHTS and battery pack. Finally 12:00 am and Dave is on time and ready to go. (note to self "do not load fuel in the launch ramp parking lot.")Really pisses off the lauch ramp manager.

We decide to get Bait as insurance if we cannot get any to float. Head to bait barge in Long beach Harbor.... not the right kind but informed it is in San Pedro (9 mile trip up the coast) Make it to the bait barge, no one is awake.... Door says knock real loud. We do and a old codger finally wakes up and we load up on the candy bait........ Off to Catalina we go. Nice conditions on the ride out a little 3 foot swell with one foot wind chop. To stay out of the trough do a little tacking. Though the resolution on my radar is a little rough it is reading ok. Offer Dave the bean bag to sleep on but like me he is too amped to sleep.

Finally make it to the first spot (Bait Grounds) drop the Mojo-Lights down into the water. Boy do they light up 40 feet around the boat and I hope to see squid. First the tiny fire shrimp show up a good sign. Then a whole armada of bait sized mackeral show up eating the shrimp. Great bait for later in the season but for now, not the right kind. Only a small pick on small Calico bass but wait it out for the bite in the grey light. The bite does not appear. So we go searching for fish and proper conditions............. and search....... and search........ and search......... we end up near a area called the Farnsworth bank (Historically very important to all of us fishermen East Coast or West Coast this is where big Game fishing started...... The first Bluefin tuna caught on rod and reel...... The first Marlin...... the first kite fishing technique ect ect.)
Since a Charter dive boat is on the high spot we opt to fish deeper and get some eating fish..... and then on to our quest of getting Jettywolf a picture of a Large White Seabass. Around the Island we go searching and around we actually did.

Here is a loose approximation of our travels.

Catalina is a very beautiful Island unfortunately Camera battery died. Oh wells something for you guys to look forward too next time. Dave did get a picture of a huge Mola Mola 300 lbs.+++++ and we did get a gaggle of tasty rockfish in my oppinion the best eating bar none. We did not sink the Boat nor get arrested, so all in all a successful and a great day fishing. THE NEXT DAY THE WHITE SEABASS BITE WENT OFF.......WITH LIMITS OF FISH UP TO 50 LBS. IN THE AREAS WE FISHED>>>>>>>>>>>>> ARGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Fillets:

Beer Battered:

Ready to eat:

Super Dave was ....... well SUPER, Cleaned the boat at his house. He did most the cleaning as I yakked away with his nieghbors. His Super wife brought Hamburgers to munch on.

By time I put the boat in storage. Unloaded all the gear. Cleaned the coolers. Packaged the fish. Prepped the squid for freezing (Tried to hide it in the freezer) 11:30 pm

Thanks Super we will do it again?????? I cannot wait.

Mark

Dino interesting proposition I'll talk to Super and see what the plan will be.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Now that's a trip . :thumbsup:
Lester,
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'M JUST WORE OUT READING THAT, MOJO! :scuba:

SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE TOMARROW? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING US? :roll: :roll:

DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD TO "STORAGE YARD" THAT BOAT. SOUNDS LIKE THAT'S 1/2 THE WORK OR MORE.

excellent story.
Deno

Post by Deno »

JETTYWOLF wrote:I'M JUST WORE OUT READING THAT, MOJO! :scuba:

SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE TOMARROW? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING US? :roll: :roll:

DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD TO "STORAGE YARD" THAT BOAT. SOUNDS LIKE THAT'S 1/2 THE WORK OR MORE.

excellent story.

MOJO needs to quit playing with rock fish and put that nice Alloy rig on some of these.. Went out 07-16 killed a few, sorry about the boat Jettywolf, kind of stuck with it...

Copy of Copy of 07-16-2009 015.jpg
Copy of Copy of 07-16-2009 015.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 5271 times
Copy of 07-16-2009 020.jpg
Copy of 07-16-2009 020.jpg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 5270 times
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Deno, nice capture :thumbsup:

How do you fix your Long fin albies ?
Lester,
pjay9
Your location: Tacoma, WA

Post by pjay9 »

Good story and pics...hope the healing is progressing nicely and rapidly. You making me hungry! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Deno

Post by Deno »

welder wrote:Deno, nice capture :thumbsup:

How do you fix your Long fin albies ?
We grilled some tonight here at work.... Marinated in Italian dressing salt and pepper and on the grill…. :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Deno,

your right.....they seem to go to the bottom alot.
So he should go on a horizonal troll huh?
Maybe his boat doesn't troll. Mine doesn't. I drift or anchor. It's all it'll let me do.

C'C'mon...
Deno

Post by Deno »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Deno,

your right.....they seem to go to the bottom alot.
So he should go on a horizonal troll huh?
Maybe his boat doesn't troll. Mine doesn't. I drift or anchor. It's all it'll let me do.

C'C'mon...
Going tomorrow to see if we can put a hurt on them….
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic