86 Blue Fin

Introduce yourself here
triumphrick
Donator '08, "09, "10, '"11
Your location: Masaryktown, Fl

86 Blue Fin

Post by triumphrick »

Greetings all, just surfed on in after seeing Welders sig on another forum. (No it wasn't some plastic boat place!) Just picked up a little lake boat that I thought needed to be shared. This model 'Fin was made before Brunswick bought them. I got the boat from the original owners BIL who brought it to Florida and decided to sell. Everything down to the seats, carpet, top, vinyl enclosure are original. Neat little time warp package. The 'Rude looks new inside. It has had the lu repainted, tho. The VRO is still intact and working. All in all a fun little package. Our first trip out didn't result in a bilge full of lake water either. This being my first tinny, i need to catch up on any ongoing maintenance issues. Here's a link to some pics...
http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... lue%20Fin/
1986 Blue Fin 16'2". 1986 Evinrude 50 VRO. EZ Loader trailer
Image FOR SALE
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: 86 Blue Fin

Post by Chaps »

CLASSY!

Welcome to alloy heaven
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
21ftcc
Donator '09
Your location: Worcester, MA

Post by 21ftcc »

Get rid of trailer and change to bunks, with rollers in the middle. The rollers will make dents in the place the boats sits on them and you will also have loose rivets.
triumphrick
Donator '08, "09, "10, '"11
Your location: Masaryktown, Fl

Post by triumphrick »

Thanks, all for the kind remarks. I was wondering about the roller trailer. However it is an original rig and we did not get enough water aboard when we launched her to worry us...are we talking long time for eventual trouble? Has damage already been done due to the skin taking a set? Trailers are cheap around here...lots for sale on craigslist..
1986 Blue Fin 16'2". 1986 Evinrude 50 VRO. EZ Loader trailer
Image FOR SALE
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I was just about to ask if it's riveted. If so I can imagine there is a bit of extra maintenance issues, or Preventative.

Alloy on....... :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic