New Canadian builder at Seattle show

Post your Alloy pictures here
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

New Canadian builder at Seattle show

Post by Chaps »

These guys have been around awhile but this is the first I've seen them showing boats in the states. Very basic boats, no frills, not normally painted. Fairly inexpensive considering the strength of the Canadian dollar recently. They mainly sell them unrigged, bare finish, basic wiring. Very stoutly built however and a much deeper V than what we typically see from the American companies (18° at the transom)

http://www.underwoodwelding.com/Pages/Boats.htm

First one is a CC hardtop, 20', $24,000 base boat

The other boat they had there was a 22' pilothouse for $45,000 base

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

You said Seattle boat show huh? Hmmm, that's kinda far from Florida, a bit too far. Can ya wear shorts while walking around the show, or is it too cold? (I only have one pair of long pants.

Damn, how many Alloy boats are at these shows? 50%?

I'd really like to go to a show where there was actually boats, I'd like to look at.

11 years of going to the biggest and badest in Miami in Feb. and this year we're not going. Because c,c'mon.....really. Do I need to look at all those
Cuban penis extenders one more time?

The only reason "to" go would be to enjoy the warmth, women, and admire the utter flagrant jaw dropping wealth, that abounds all over Miami beach.

I really like that white paint job. May keep the ignorant's at bay, here in Fla. And again.....those side rub rails are killer, and having them un-painted really set off the look of those boats, even though they maybe starkly adorned.

I always said to myself, "my boat has everything I want, and nothing I don't"

Which reminds me of.......
Cosmo Cramer - "Jerry, I'm going minimalist, I come to find out I like depriving myself of things"
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

JETTYWOLF wrote:
Damn, how many Alloy boats are at these shows? 50%?

I'd really like to go to a show where there was actually boats, I'd like to look at.
50%? No, unfortunately the plastic boats dominate our show too but the alloy contingent is probably larger here than at any other show in the country because most of the metal builders are here. However, many local metal builders don't bother coming to the show because they are already selling everything they can build and have serious backlogs plus the show space is big dollars that a lot of them can't afford or justify.

BTW, yesterday was opening day for this show and it is usually pretty crowded but this place was dead, especially out on the main concourse where the glossy cruisers & motor yachts were on display. All the dealers standing around talking to each other kind of dead. Doesn't bode well for the biz in this usually strong Seattle economy. The guys building metal are somewhat insulated from it because of all the military, security and work boat contracts floating around. Big shortage of welder/fab people up here I was told too.

Bob
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Very interesting......and I feel their pain. I'm in the Luxury business too.
I know all too well what's going on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic