GREGOR Ocean 22 Model?

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
Deno
Your location: SAN DIEGO, CA

GREGOR Ocean 22 Model?

Post by Deno »

What do you guys think of these, this is the GREGOR Ocean 22 Model… Just looking, thinking about putting my offshore rig up for sale and buying something more economical… My offshore rig is that other material, you know the heavy stuff that gives no good mileage… I know it’s a bad time to sell, but you never know…
gregor.jpg
gregor.jpg (115.32 KiB) Viewed 5552 times
gregor2.jpg
gregor2.jpg (52.02 KiB) Viewed 5552 times
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: GREGOR Ocean 22 Model?

Post by Chaps »

Lightweight, economical to run, easier to launch at tough sites, etc. What's not to like?

On the other hand welded plate boats are tougher, ride better, resist corrosion better and have better resale value.

A boat choice is a series of trade-offs
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Deno

Post by Deno »

I’m with you on that, but they are way more expansive and way harder to find if you’re looking for a used one right? If all goes like planed I want to retire in 11 years and move from San Diego CA, to Yuma Arizona… Most of my fishing then is going to be lakes and the Colorado River… I do plan on towing to San Diego and Baja during the summer and fishing offshore…
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Just my opinion. As I can see yoor heavily "browsing"....but I think there's zero comparison when you get in a heavier plate boat. The ping-pongers say my boats too light to be a good running offshore boat, and it maybe compared to a 7,000 pound triple engine gas sucker. But I can't imagine what that boat would be like. Probably a "cork".

You may never be in rough water though...we're here speculating with you.

Wood floors? Not my bag. Why have rough and tough, easy maintenance and then wood? If it has it.....don't know.
Many here have done the replacement thing with theirs.

I'm a bit biased...but if I didn't need a larger boat, and wanted a serious do all. The only boat I'd have is this:
20 Pacific, with trolling motor and bow pedestal seat
20 Pacific, with trolling motor and bow pedestal seat
blacklabmarine 20 bay.gif (116.17 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
I've said it so many times, I keep the photo handy.

Just wouldn't have green on it...but for me, this will float in no water,go anywhere, and can have a trolling motor like this one has, pedestal seat, lots of storage. Creeks, rivers, Ocean, compact. And still be as tough as they get to run into docks, and oysterbeds.

This will be boat #2 when I grow up and become a real fisherman. :lol:
Deno

Post by Deno »

Nice, she is a little battle wagon isn’t she…
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I had the 18' Bay runner and yes they are light [ it was a 85 model ] they are heavier now and built better .

Each boat has it's trade offs and that's a call you will have to make .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic