For Alloytoy....another ""project""

A Place to Show and Tell
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

For Alloytoy....another ""project""

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hey, git yourself a big tall car port like mine and back that boat of yours in it during the winter, stoke up the heaters, and get to work now, not in spring time. Cuz you brother, got alot to do!

-Boarding ladder on trailer
-And console rod rack

You my friend are gonna be busy alloy bee!

Here's the pics ya wanted to see:

Now let me do a bit of explaining.....The reason for the PVC-Fentress brand white tubes, in the pole holders, that already have a heavy duty rubber cap over the top of the pipes, is because the boys at the factory had a big brain fart, and made the pipes for the rod rack out of too big of pipe......Maybe Zane Gray's Broadbill & Great white rods were that thick at the butt. But mine sure are not. (inshore cork handled rods)

The tubes should have been made out of the same darn thing they use on a leaning post, rocket launcher rod holders. That I have on my leaning post. WHY...they choose to use monster pipe I don't know.

So I took an ole Fentress PVC rod rack (like you have screwed to your stern hatch door), and put them inside the pipe on the console rack. And they can be half in or all the way in too, so to accomadate really long handled inshore rods I have. KInda like a telescoping tube now.

Worked great! Especially since they made them way too short, too...!

No biggy though. It all worked out in the end. And effects me, not in the least. But I often wonder what they were thinking versus leaning post rod holders???

So there ya have it.

Here's one of my favorite angles to view.
People can't believe that this boat is a 8'6" beam..most initially guess 9 foot at least.
Yeah, I love the roooooooom!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

That's what I wanted..........thank's Cap
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic