1997 18ft CC Klamath project..

Get help and share Ideas
Deno
Your location: SAN DIEGO, CA

Re: 1997 18ft CC Klamath project..

Post by Deno »

Worked on her yesterday, she’s all ready for, Zolatone paint… I just need another day off and a nice warm California sunny day ….

Klamath...4 149.jpg
Klamath...4 149.jpg (29.62 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
Klamath...4 084.jpg
Klamath...4 084.jpg (30.5 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
steve-r
Your location: Vancouver

Post by steve-r »

I had to replace the worn out vinyl floor covering in my Kellahan....UV destroyed it. then water got finally thru down into the foam below and waterlogged it.
just like you.....new marine plywood, 2 coats marine sealer, SS screws, then coated the screw tops w f'glass resin....and i sealed the sidewall edges w. marine sikaflex... and then i had it Rhino lined....same as in your p/u truck bed....not that brush on stuff out of a can...they sprayed it in hot, added some non-skid grit, all across the new floor, and 8 inches up each side so that all water drains to the back....no more vinyl to wear out again......and the rhino liner has its own UV protection, is impervious to salt, fuel spills, etc.

the rhino liner won't wear out, can be easily repaired if i damage it, and it has the added bonus of being a sound deadening layer, so less alloy hull "pounding" .
that floor is never coming up again !!
Steve Ronson
18' Kellahan CC
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah, I would resin the wood deck if your going to use wood...I think I might not use heavy wood myself but find a glass board or that honeycomb stuff used in the aircraft industry maybe. Just a thought?

Wood is cheaper I know.

Then over that the bed liner would go, after a scuffing with a rough brush on a motor. My bed liner in those photos was sprayed on at 400 degrees also. No hand painted, by a place that did anything from school busses to truck beds and deer stands.

Or you could also resin the wood and paint the deck with the same paint thats on my boats deck, the toughest no skid I've ever seen. From Farwest paints.

I can give you all the info if you need it. I have a gallon sitting right here. It's unbelievable stuff.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic