Need to vent

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Need to vent

Post by AlloyToy »

So we're heading in from a day on the water in my 23' Pacific. I see these yahoo's drifting with an out going tide trying to start their boat. I pull next to them and ask "need a tow" out of courtesy, and the fear that they are heading for bigger problems :shock:

They look at me like I've got 4 heads, so screw it I start to leave when one of them yells YES!!! We need help!!! I pull along side and ask if they have a rope..........they toss me a 5/16" anchor line in an absolute mess and say "you untangle it"!!! Now I'm $@#*ing pissed!!! and thinking you dumb azz why oh why do you do this to yourself!! :P :evil:

My wife takes the helm as I untangle 15 feet or so to at least get them up the salt pond. We cleat off and start to make our way up the pond with an out going tide pushing against us hard. As we approach the ramp I then remember that we need to go thru a bridge with narrow pylons, and a current pushing us. My fear is that I will slam their boat into the pylons :oops: So with that being my main concern I neglect to realize that my 8' antenna which I would normally lay down is up........and you guessed it, it found the bridge......SNAP!! 4" off the tip gone!! :oops:

Now I'm ready to swing because as it snaps I look back and all 4 POB are laughing their azz off!! :x :x :x

At that point I'm pissed!!! I untie their freakin boat and tell them that's as far as I go!! swim to the sandbar....you're on your own!!!!!

MAN!! The nerve of some people. Ya think they could say "heads up" your antenna is still up since there was 4 of them looking forward as I towed them. And not even a "Thanks"!!!!

Needless to say I'm done towing unless someone is in great danger or it's a friend/acquaintance!!!

Sorry for the rant but man this pissed me off!!!
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Wow AT!

You are a good man. I would have thrown their tangled anchor line back to them and drove off.

I am sure their laughing stopped after you set them adrift. I am always amazed at people's lack of basic human decency. How anyone could be anything but grateful for the tow you were giving them is beyond me.

Sorry about your antenna.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Alloy Toy vent away those guys are the due for some Darwinian justice.

If you knew my first 3 trips on my boat there are alot of evolutionary rejects out there.

I am now putting them onto digital film saying smile for the camera A-Hole from now on.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
farmerjane

Post by farmerjane »

Yikes ~ so sorry to hear about your antenna. :(

I must say that I have the same sentiment as S L Dave ~ if they had thrown ME a tangled up piece of rope they'd have dang well been sorry if I DID get it untangled as I'd have used it to wrap around their THROATS! (Don't mess with a pre-menopausal woman in the summertime heat) Ha!

Don't you worry - they'll get there's some day soon. Remember - what goes around COMES around.... 8)
I'm both lucky AND good!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Farmerjane you crack me up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't mess with a pre-menopausal woman in the summertime heat

Mojo, I should have shot their pic and posted it all over the web :lol:

Then antenna is mechanical and can be fixed..........I think my big issue here is the way people are today. You offer to do something good, and it bites you in the behind..........

As far as the antenna, I cut it off flush, tucked the wire in deeper, and installed a rubber cap. Works fine. Besides now I got to see what the internals of an antenna looks like :lol:

Thx.
AT
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Alloy,

Remember Animal House ---- RAMMING SPEED! you would have only scratched your boat!

I'm impressed that you kept your cool as well as you did!

Cheers

Rick
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

CAN YOU SAY SHORT??? OR SH*T!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Alloytoy, I did the same thing when I trailered my old Albemarle from the boat ramp 300ft to the marina at 2AM with no trailer lights the other day after I broke down in it and wanted to get home, I forgot to take the extended antena down, snapped the S/S threaded tube at the antena base. OOOPPPSSS! I too was pissed!

Give it to dave to put on his Craig's list "Slightly short, completely Used" cheap!

Smile my freind I found crying does no good anyhow! Mty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Riverview, FL

Post by dave »

There are jerks everywhere! I would have thrown the rope back and just left.

On Saturday I was about 8 miles out in the Gulf adrift and just enjoying the day. A guy with his family saw me and came by to see if I was OK. I was, but he came about 1/2 mile out of his way to check.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

dave wrote:There are jerks everywhere! I would have thrown the rope back and just left.

On Saturday I was about 8 miles out in the Gulf adrift and just enjoying the day. A guy with his family saw me and came by to see if I was OK. I was, but he came about 1/2 mile out of his way to check.
Haven't had any "Jerks" to tell about yet. I have heard of folks travelling many mile to give assistance up here. I always have the VHF on 16 listening to the coast guard. A few weekends ago there was a sporty adrift that was radio'd and we saw the big cutter heading out so we didn't go looking for him. Other wise I was prepared to go any distance (fuel depending) looking for him.

That story and the attitudes of the individuals just blows me away. At the toss of the rope and the comment I would have tossed it back too and said good luck you *&ots.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Boat full of idiots

Post by IN2DEEP »

1. Fuel up the tow rig & boat- $120.00 :shock:

2. Buy food, drinks, and ice- $28.00 :shock:

3. Launch the alloy, fish, enjoy the day- Why we make the effort. :P

4. Stop to help some idiots- Because you're a good person. :?

5. Idiots piss you off- A rise in blood pressure. :x

6. Antenna gets broken because of idiots. :x :x :x

7. The look on the idiot's faces when you cut them loose... Priceless 8) 8) 8)

Sorry to hear about the antenna.
Those guys are idiots and will always be idiots!
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
Sculpin

Re: Boat full of idiots

Post by Sculpin »

IN2DEEP wrote:1. Fuel up the tow rig & boat- $120.00 :shock:

2. Buy food, drinks, and ice- $28.00 :shock:
You can double those numbers up here in Canuck land :shock: .
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Alloy,

I just got my towing endorsement so I can tow people (I may never) but if I did it's $100+ an hour.....or they can float away for all I care. I have the ability to charge whatever I want, just flash'em the documentation!

But, by law I have to render help if life or limb is in dire risk. But I learned long ago not to help stupid people, especially.

After my old boat was punctured during a rescue operation, where "MY BOAT" was the one who suffered all the damage.

Be happy that it was an antenna.....I had (2) $600 holes in my hull!!!

Ya should have left them when you saw the line they threw to you.
capeannfisherman

Post by capeannfisherman »

sorry you had such a bad experience. I know you are always the first to help when someone is in need. It is a good feeling to know there are good souls like you out there John.
Adrian
Adrian
Night Runner
16/65
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic