I Went Fishing With Mojomizer... And Have A Tale To Tell

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Geeze Scott that is a real nice rod wrapping system you have built. You do a clean job wrapping also. I was checking that weld very closely are you sure it is up to the mojomizer torture test :lol:

Can't wait to see you this weekend. The 28th is going to be fun.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
CarolMizer
Your location: OC,CA

Better band aid...

Post by CarolMizer »

Scott,
Sorry about my inability to come through in a pinch on that band aid job, but I can't argue with the fact you can mend a broken weld better than I. :? I think I will stick to the repairs of the human kind. Can honestly say there are plenty to deal with just wish I can dump most of the human attitudes that need adjusting. :twisted:
As far as Mark saying sorry for the misshap :oops: , he was feeling pretty bad, until he caught a glimpse of the repair. :shock:

Looking forward to the West Coast Fest.
Carol
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Hey Jettywolf,

You need to try some RAINX on your windshield!! Windshield wiper in a bottle.

Richard
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Scott...you are an impressive dude! Great work.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

GUIDES

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Mojomizer, I love the wrapping machine, that would have been real nice to have had in the past with all the rods I have built.

I love doing things myself but I do have one question for you and I am not trying to be wise about it, but...

Why do you use those type of old fashion guides instead. With the quality of wrap your doing and use of your own custom rods i would think you would only use a high-quality 3-leg silicone or silicone carbide FUJI guides??? I didnt think they still made those type guides.

Or are you just replacing a stock guide?

or
or
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Marty good question. Though I have a rod wrapping machine and do a damn good job. You were looking at Scotts/In2Deep rod wrapping machine. For me I like no worries bullet proof guides. Traveling to Mexico the air lines beat the rods...... The Panguero's beat the rods...... I am hard on gear...Sorry Scott. .....The Silicon and hardalloy guides have a tendency to crack or pop out at the most un-wanted times. Ever fish with a cracked guide, not knowing it until your line comes back in strips. Stainless steel guides rarely let me down.

http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog ... oat-Guides

Just a personal preference

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Hey Marty, I can answer that...Too much money :shock: :shock: :shock:

A fancy guide set can cost over a hundred dollars or more!

I have built a few rods with Fuji NSG HD SIC guides to use with braided line and lots of pressure(grooved the Perfection hard chrome guides after 3 seasons)

I wish I had the bucks to use high end components but have to settle for the "middle of the road" types.

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

HARDOLY GUIDES

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

IN2DEEP & MOJOMIZER,

I hear ya about the cost on silicone carbide, I always used the hardoloy guides for all my rods, except the tuna rods. The glow in the dark rings worked great in the surf and in the boat and were only $3.00 to 8.00 each, and lasted quit well with all the heavy abuse we put them through. Fuji makes great guides. Mty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic