BMac's New Boat- West Australian Manufacture

A Place to Show and Tell
BMac

BMac's New Boat- West Australian Manufacture

Post by BMac »

This is my new rig made by a local Western Australian company.

It's a Genesis 6.0mtr Plate Ali Cuddy Cab with hard top and L4 200HP Verado.

Cheers
Brendan
NIGHTHAWK

Post by NIGHTHAWK »

Very nice!

You guys have the best paint jobs down there. I would like to see the paint process from beginning to end. Prep, primer, paint and graphics.

Congrats on the new boat.
28' MAXWELD MAXCAT (Twin 225 Hondas)

IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Hello BMac,

I agree about the paint jobs on your boat and many of the other ones from your country and New Zealand, absolutely beautiful!

Do you have any close up pictures of the sun shade extension and is it removable?
I want to set up one on my alloy hardtop but could not figure a good way to make it removable.

Thanks!

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
BMac

Post by BMac »

Thanks Guys.

Yep, rear awning is easily removable. I'll take some pics for ya next time I'm in the boat and post.
Cheers
Brendan
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Great looking boat BMac! Love the name. 8)

Again, welcome to the site.

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator
Your location: Freeport, Maine, USA

Post by Jay Perrotta »

I, too, would like to see the paint process!
Jay Perrotta
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

LOVE THE NAME!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Its always cools to see boat names and yours is not one to be missed. Welcome aboard, beautiful boat. Genisis another new builder to add to the list. I second, that the down-under alloy boata have great paint jobs!

Maybe one you down under guys can take and post some video of the boats getting towed down and launched from the BEACHES! As well as some of you Alaskins with the logger beach launches.

Beautiful Boat!

Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Very nice BMac. Love the name but love the color even more! The finish on those boats is unreal.
Danielw

Post by Danielw »

Marty,we only do beach launches here in Denmark as we don't have a ramp into the ocean.This is a good thing as it puts off a lot of visitors to the area thus the fishing grounds don't get hammered.I back the boat down to the water and touch the brakes so the boat slides off and then someone turns the boat into the waves while I park the car.On retrieval I back the trailer down to above the water line and unhitch the trailer and push the trailer into the water. If the trailer tyres are completely in the water they don't sink into the sand and therefore there is not a mad scramble to get the boat on.Once the boat is on, a tow strap is connected to a hook on the trailer and onto the vehicle and the rig is pulled up onto dry sand.This way my vehicle doesn't get wet and rust out.We don't launch if the swell is over about 8 or 9'.I have seen cars backed into the water and cop waves up the arse but this is not for me.Every year 1 or 2 cars get bogged and succumb to the ocean.Not a good look in my books.Next time we go out i will try to get some vision.Dan.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Wow BMac love the lines on your boat. The Aussies have taken welding and forming Aluminium Boats to a whole new level.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
BMac

Post by BMac »

Thanks for the kind words guys :D .

Yeah, real happy with the boat. Genesis do finish their boats well, welding is top class!

These are a really stable fishing boat but not the fastest hull in the world, so I got the transom beefed up to hold a biggish motor (200 Verado). WOT is seeing 49MPH which I am really happy with. Maybe when the motor loosens up a little I might crack the magical 50MPH mark! 8)
Cheers
Brendan
Greg P

Re: LOVE THE NAME!

Post by Greg P »

Ironwoodtuna wrote:Maybe one you down under guys can take and post some video of the boats getting towed down and launched from the BEACHES! As well as some of you Alaskins with the logger beach launches.

Beautiful Boat!

Marty

Marty

Here is some footage from a few years ago. Rob (Blackfin15) has a few more on there as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDY2BSP8Ts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7m1RhJxApo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=demGcEZaWcE
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

SOFT SAND

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Greg,

EXCELLENT VIDEOS!

I love the surf slamming while launching and retreiving the sleds.

You guys must get lots of scratches in those babys when they broadside you in the surf! WHat a pain in the BACK SIDE getting turned back around. Waddy Point looks real shallow and hard on the lower units and impellers, unless it was just low tide.

What do you guys run your tires at 8lbs or less??? I love those deep ruts, on the back beach and Nauset beach we get theose deep tracks where when you fall asleep while driving the ruts while fishing late at night, the truck just goes on its own. Are you hauling diesels in those little trucks or straight sixs in the Land Cruisers?

Now, what you need for Indian Head is one of my "Big Foots" to tow your girls to the beach and you can back her down into the surf and never get the bottom of the truck wet. She runs 39" x 19" Mickey Thompsons, and there is 36" of clearance to the bottom of the body. On the Cape Cod back beaches, I run the soft loose sand with 10-12 normally but when it gets real dry and loose and steep I go to 6-8lbs of air and never get stuck. In fact I have gone around buried, sliding, sinking vehicles (real steep angle to the beach, parrallel to the surf) to get in front of them to yank them out with a 50' x 4" wide nylon snatch-em strap.

Thanks for the video, man, watching those videos makes me want to come and do some modifications to the rigs to make the launching easier!

Keep um coming! Marty
Last edited by Ironwoodtuna on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
BMac

Post by BMac »

Cool truck Ironwood- what a weapon!

Love the videos, especially the first one with the guy casting the rod in amongst the carnage just to add another little obstacle!! :lol:
Cheers
Brendan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic