Bottom Paint - Looking for Advice

A Place to Show and Tell
poppi57

Bottom Paint - Looking for Advice

Post by poppi57 »

Need to order another gallon of bottom paint for the boat.  I have been using Trilux 33 for the past 6 years and wondering if anyone would recommend to continue using it or have there been advancements in other brands I should consider.  I'm in CT and slip the boat between beginning of May thru mid-November.  I did some digging thru past posts and last one I could find regarding bottom paint recommendations was in 2021.  Seahawk Colorkote, Pacifica Plus and Trilux 33 were mentioned. 

If If another brand is recommended is it ok to apply it over the remaining Trilux 33?  Hoping it would not need to be stripped off if I change brands.

Thanks in advance for advice.

OceanTrvlr
Donator 23

Re: Bottom Paint - Looking for Advice

Post by OceanTrvlr »

I've been unhappy with Trilux33 over the past few years on my alloy boat here in MA. I still get barnacles and quite a bit of "lettuce" on the boat. I spoke with the Sea Hawk rep and was told that Colorkote was ok to put over Trilux, so that's what I did recently. The boat just went in the water so jury is still out on antifouling performance. The SH rep spoke highly of the effectiveness of the triple biocide in the Colorkote. We'll see.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic