ARMOR Marine Thread

General boating discussion
ARMORMarine

ARMOR Marine Thread

Post by ARMORMarine »

Hello! I just wanted to say I love the platform and the enthusiasm for all things aluminum! We have a small and growing shop in Anacortes, Washington called ARMOR Marine. As a quick backstory, it was a longtime dream to build boats, but as a young island kid growing up, I thought boat building (and repairing) was just a hobby and something everyone just did for fun, lol.  Anyway, I founded ARMOR Marine as a result of that childhood dream, but in a sense to build the ultimate vessel from all perspectives, i.e. ultimate ruggedness, safety, security, performance, and lifecycle costs. So, I came up with a platform that I thought was tad bit smarter than past attempts, i.e. rhibs or rbbs, and was able to get multiple utility patents on it. Along the way, when kicking off ARMOR Marine, an opportunity arose to acquire Precision Weld Boats, so I did. Hence, we're now building both brands under one roof and slowing filling out our product line and offerings. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything that's aluminum that floats, so we've been building just about everything. We kicked off the adventure just a few months prior to Covid hitting so it's been a wild ride, but we're doing great and just moved into a new facility where we can support builds of up to 100'. We do mostly new builds, but also a good bit of repairs, repowers, and waterjet work as well. Most of what we have done thus far is by customer request, i.e., they need a boat for a specific task and we tailor the design and build to suit. We do almost all of our design work in house and CNC to the greatest practical extent.

Anyway, enough of the shameless plugging, I'd like to use a thread to share a little bit of what we build and what we do. I've been slowly working on the website, bit by bit, which has always been in a continual work in progress, but here it is. ARMOR MARINE

Here's a couple videos we've done of a few builds - Enjoy! 

Hecate Jet

USACE CAT Lander

TAKU

:beer: 

More to come! 

- Adam 

ARMORMarine

Re: ARMOR Marine Thread

Post by ARMORMarine »

Here's a little picture of a 23' Pro Series Center Console we just completed. This one is an inboard jet configuration. Set up to run rivers, but we'll build a few iterations and variants upon request. 

ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

Here's a few pics from our old shop, bunch of jet boats and a cat lander.  :beer:

ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

The Cat lander had a fire pump and hose reel hidden in the back!

ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

And a glance at the ARMOR Line! 

gandrfab

Post by gandrfab »

LIKE.jpg
LIKE.jpg (5.25 KiB) Viewed 6444 times

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Nice work
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

Just wanted to share some fresh pictures. The crew is putting in some work on another diesel inboard jetboat! It's coming together nicely! 

The new shop is sweet! 

ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Wow those boats look awesome! Out on the East Coast we don't see all that much alloy. Magazines and boat shows are all glass. I have a 23 Pacific and am a big fan of alloy boats. In all things in life you get what you pay for, excellent work, alloy forever! Mike
ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

ARMORMarine

Post by ARMORMarine »

Here is a simple little skiff. I originally designed this one up for my dad to go pick up Dungees. At the time he was 70 something, hauling a 8' skiff in the back of his minivan and rowing out to pick up his pots. We just pulled the file out of the archives and decided to build a few for something different. Sides and bottom are 1 sheet formed and welded decks. All built from 0.160 pretty stout little beach skiff for sure. 

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic