Pacific skiff vs. Stabicraft

General boating discussion
MaddogShady

Pacific skiff vs. Stabicraft

Post by MaddogShady »

Anyone with experience on both a Stabicraft and a Pacific Skiff?
-trying to decide between a stabicraft 2050, 0r 2250 ultra center cab and a Pacific Skiff  v2600, or v2600 wa7

looking for a decent ride and a dry boat with good ventilation for a hot climate.  Will use in shallow bays and offshore. 

I like the idea of a walk around pilot house for year round use but my primary use will be in Texas in the Gulf of Mexico and near the jetties around Galveston.

Thanks!
welder
Site Admin

Re: Pacific skiff vs. Stabicraft

Post by welder »

Two very exhalent choices in boats.
My experiences in the gulf [ Port O'conner Tx., Venice La. and Pensacola Fl.] in a 2325CC Pacific are fun but it would be lots more fun in a 26. Tha wave pattern is very tight in the gulf, I call them square waves, they come from two directions at the same time. The 26-foot boat will smooth that out better for ya.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
MaddogShady

Post by MaddogShady »

Thanks- I am trying to find the best aluminum boat for the gulf, and the local bays with a pilot house of some sort to keep out of the weather. A walk around pilot house with a rear door or drop curtain would be awesome. I have heard of guys liking both brands, just trying to find a comparison.
rocky_taco

Post by rocky_taco »

I guess it depends if sooner than later timing is important to you and if the boats you are looking at are already built, and residing in the USA. If you are ordering a new build, then in addition to a build queue, the stabicraft timing will also include container shipping to USA, and port congestion/delay. If timing isn’t important, you will probably like either. I'm assuming you are looking for a fishing boat. If not then disregard the rest. I don’t have experience on either one of the boats you list (yet). But, have fished a weldcraft 220 Maverick DV with a cab. While a 26’ might be nicer for waves, as suggested above, I’ve only wished the boat was larger for more room to fish. 2 more feet behind cab would be great. I’d make sure you stand in the boats behind the cab and try to imagine how you fish, rigging, # fishing, etc. Think of all your fishing needs. Does one offer a better fishing solution? For example, the weldcraft is not a boat that is enjoyable to try and jig out of the bow on. I suspect an in person hands on review of both boats you are considering will cause one to rise to the top of your list.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic