Annual Donation Post

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Annual Donation Post

Post by kmorin »

Annual Donation Post to the Forum.

Every year I write an appeal (rant) about reading the site and not contributing anything as rent support for Welder. Welder has kept us all ‘digitally housed’ by his own generosity; funding the site and handling all the work of maintaining and updating the bulletin board software used here at AAB.com.

I’m writing again to remind anyone who uses the site to help make decisions about their own welded aluminum boats; that if you simply donated the price of the gas you use to launch and haul on  your next boating trip, or the “beer budget” for your next trip to the Site’s ongoing maintenance you’d still be saving money compared to value of learning what you can read here for free. 

The learning I’m talking about is learning ‘the hard way’ of an expensive problem you can avoid, learning like buying a boat that is too expensive to rebuild, or learning about simple steps you can take on your boat to extend her life and reliability. 

Lots of us who post regularly have experience in different aspects of welded boats, so, over the years the Forum has collected a nice archive of conversations where photos along with questions and answers are combined to create a great resource for anyone considering their first welded boat, or experienced owners who find maintenance issues that need to be addressed. 

Being old school (or probably just old) I feel the need to make a small contribution every year just to help keep the lights on. I doubt it is more than a tiny part of the overall cost, but it remains appropriate to me to “help out”. I cannot count the times I’ve gone to someone else’s welding shop, boat shop or fab company and had a helping hand? Sometimes is was information - how to solve a problem, sometimes it was tooling or other work?  I'm talking about the times I'd been told when I asked 'what were the charges' and was told "we'll catch you next time- no charge."   I still want to find someway to return that favor, it always seemed the well mannered thing to do.

Whether you’re reading the site or asking questions to get a wider set of opinions on how to proceed on your boat, or just following along for entertainment? I’d like to ask that you consider using the Donate button on the upper tab bar on the home screen and contribute something to the Forum’s costs. 

IF you don't feel like a donation in money- what about a donation of your time?  If you're one of the many owners who've come to the Forum to ask questions, and seek advice?  Why not consider sharing what you learned, what you did to your boat, what the results were from your interaction here on the Forum?  It's just as helpful to have an 'in kind' donation of a post reporting on your progress, decision making, actions taken and follow up on your boat's progress due to interaction on this Forum.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
AAB.com Forum self-proclaimed site "Mill Scale Gnat-zee"

kmorin
Craigb
Donator '21, '22

Re: Annual Donation Post

Post by Craigb »

Done
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

I guess I must be dumb. Clicked on donate heart but not sure what to do next
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

Clambo,
type in some number of your donation, in the white blank space then hit "submit" button. Will take you to paypal or offer you to pay w credit card- follow the prompts.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Thank you Kevin, mission complete :thumbsup:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic