Bilge Pump

General boating discussion
Capt. G
Your location: Gloucester, MA

Bilge Pump

Post by Capt. G »

I need to install a bilge pump in my 2005 Pacific 2325. I understand that Pacific is now installing them in their current models. If anyone has a boat with a factory installed pump I am interested in seeing some photos of how they installed the pump below deck as well as the placement of the outfow port on the hull. Please email me any photos you may have. I appreciate the help.

Thank you!
Capt. G
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Re: Bilge Pump

Post by AlloyToy »

Capt G if you open the rear hatch by the motor I believe you will find a bracket down inside welded in place to accept a rule bilge pump. Beware however during the install to suspend the wiring up out of the bottom of the bilge where saltwater could possibly mix with any voltage leakage. I believe this is what caused "wreck fishers" boat to be eaten away.....
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Just curious, why do you need one?
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
Capt. G
Your location: Gloucester, MA

Post by Capt. G »

MacCTD wrote:Just curious, why do you need one?

CG Reauthorization Act of 2010 requires all commercial fishing vessels (I tuna fish commercially) to have one. I will need to have one installed before having the new mandatory CG dock side exam

Do you know where the outflow port is located on the hull?
Capt. G
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15
Your location: Wits End

Post by Sabs28 »

I would think the discharge outlet could be mounted anywhere above the water line. I wouldn't think it would matter where on the boat it is.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

not 100% but I believe the discharge is in the port side chamber that is created by the tuna door
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

another one..........Feds dictating your life. :hammer:

I'd throw a pump down there with a hose and have a few wires with battery clips on them. (if it fits the bill...)
THEMOORINGMAN
Your location: RHODE ISLAND

Post by THEMOORINGMAN »

How could you go out to sea in a boat without a bilge pump!!??!!?? My Edwing has 3 separate hull chambers with a rule 1500-2000 in each plus the stern chamber has an extra 800 to boot. I'll hook alarms to the 3 main pumps before the 2013 season begins.

Install your output hose as high as possible and NO where near the waterline.

Install a float switch with it pointing in the right direction with an alarm which will give you more time to find your issue before you're treading water in your own chum.

I'm sure you know all this.....
Last edited by THEMOORINGMAN on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

I think I would challenge the regs as the only space for water is where the gas tank is. I seem to remember reading that the max amount of water would be in the order of 100 gal or around 800 lbs. That amount of water/weight may just give you a better ride until you got it out. :thumbsup:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Typically the discharge is on the STARBOARD side above the water line.
1) Mount pump to bracket .
2) Run 2 wire system to pump from panel switch and MAKE SURE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE WATER PROOF.
3) Drill hole through deck inside transom/deck and side of hull , you may find a really cool fitting to go through deck.
4) use the proper hose
5) Drink beer and enjoy job well done.

Any questions, call Julie @ Pacific.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

THEMOORINGMAN wrote:How could you go out to sea in a boat without a bilge pump!!??!!?? My Edwing has 3 separate hull chambers with a rule 1500-2000 in each plus the stern chamber has an extra 800 to boot. I'll hook alarms to the 3 main pumps before the 2013 season beagins.

Install your output hose as high as possible and NO where near the waterline.

Install a float switch with it pointing in the right direction with an alarm which will give you more time to find your issue before you're treading water in your own chum.

I'm sure you know all this.....
Because Pacific foams there hulls with 1000s of pounds of Positive floatation , the 26 has 7800lbs of PF if I remember right and if you fill the hull FULL OF WATER the boat sits about 1" lower in the water and I believe the came from Jay Perrotta doing that.
Lester,
markh2000
Sponsor
Your location: Clarkston, WA.

Post by markh2000 »

Let us know if we can provide you any help: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4628
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Capt. G wrote:
MacCTD wrote:Just curious, why do you need one?

CG Reauthorization Act of 2010 requires all commercial fishing vessels (I tuna fish commercially) to have one. I will need to have one installed before having the new mandatory CG dock side exam

Do you know where the outflow port is located on the hull?
Sorry I do not, my Pacific does not have one either. I do carry a manual bilge pump similar to this, http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... sNum=50636 I wonder if this would be sufficient to meet the code.
The most water I have had in my hull is about 8 ounces at the end of the season after being in the water all season, I usually use a sponge to remove it, I believe it is mostly condensation.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

markh2000 wrote:Let us know if we can provide you any help: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4628
BINGO, call these guys , if you need parts. :thumbsup:
Lester,
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Parts "locally" is way easier.

I think Capt George just wanted to know and mimic where Pacific puts them. Not a tutorial on "how-to". I'd bet he knows "how-to".
Too bad the Feds are up his azz...and its not the first time.

I have no bilge, never needed one. Don't get water "down yonder", and if I did I wouldn't worry all that much.

2-1/2" scuppers evacuate any on deck water in a NY minute. (and I've heard that's really fast!)
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Parts "locally" is way easier.
Trying to help a paid sponsor here on the forum that offers good guarantees

I think Capt George just wanted to know and mimic where Pacific puts them. Not a tutorial on "how-to". I'd bet he knows "how-to".
Too bad the Feds are up his azz...and its not the first time.
He ask and I told him where.

I have no bilge, never needed one. Don't get water "down yonder", and if I did I wouldn't worry all that much.
Yes you do have a bilge, you have NO bilge pump.

2-1/2" scuppers evacuate any on deck water in a NY minute. (and I've heard that's really fast!)
Your scuppers are 2" I.D.not 2-1/2"

So there :gunner2:
Lester,
fatcow
Your location: MA

Post by fatcow »

I put one in last year. Bent a c-shape out of aluminum. Attached bilge pump . Than self taped it to the hole thats already down there. I leave the hose in there and pull it out the deck hatch when i need to use it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic