-who has a 2005 Honda 200-225?????

Motor discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

-who has a 2005 Honda 200-225?????

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Reason being I wanted to ask you if you drop your lower unit yourself and change the water pump.

I have a 225 Honda 2005 (spare)

I have a 225 Honda 2006...and it's on my boat.

My gawd is that 2005 Honda "shift rod" different than a 2006 :!: :!: :!:

Been working on my 2005, because I finally got some battery cables after 2 LONG YEARS, that I could actually afford.
So I got everything plugged in and set up and wow, I have trim and tilt!! Now I can check the lower unit for lube and look at the water pump.

As I dropped the lower unit, I see this "rod" come out, and just fall off. It's the "shift rod". Splined on both ends as it should be.

MY 2006 doesn't have this :!: I drop the lower unit and NO shift rod ever comes flying off or even out. I've done it every six months for 6 years!

And this 2005 is not the same. And let me tell ya what an absolute BIOTCH this was to get back on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My dad had to come over and we spent the next "SEVERAL HOURS" trying to get that "shift rod" to line up with the spline up under the powerhead, while man handling a 90# lower unit at a back & ball busting angle! With engine on a giant stand.

The splines wouldn't re-align, then if ya just flinched with a 90# lower unit in your hands the lower unit end would come off....OMG!

I BELIEVE THAT HONDA MADE AN IMPROVEMENT IN DESIGN OR SOMETHING. BECAUSE THE 2006 IS NOT THIS WAY.

lOOKING FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

And NO, I won't be changing this water pump on this 2005 ever again, myself, with my 74 year old dad or anyone :!: A Mechanic will be doing it.

BTW, my bought two years ago "spare 225" had fresh gear oil and a very new water pump and all looked good. What a price to pay.
JETTYWOLF

Re: -who has a 2005 Honda 200-225?????

Post by JETTYWOLF »

OHHHHHHHHHHH, we did :!: :!: :!:

Vice grips as a matter of fact. But as the lower unit goes on someone has to lay down and hopefully get the L/U spline lined up.

Another reason Honda changed things in 2006. That's so chicken shet, having to do that.

Then, for some reason the splines wouldn't really line up all that great. It was a mess. Sounds like not a big deal but it surely was for some reason.

Maybe because nothing has been apart for maybe a long time. And re-fitting everything, just wanted to be a biotch!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

TWO YEARS AND AND 2-1/2 MONTHS AND I FINALLY CRANKED AND RAN MY BOUGHT AS A SPARE 225 HONDA TODAY 1/16/2013.

STARTED RIGHT UP. BLEW SMOKE FROM THE OIL IN THE CYLINDERS, AND PUUURRRED LIKE A KITTEN. WOW. AMAZING :!:

water pump squirted like a champ. and was seriously quiet, too. She shifts really EZ, and rumbles nice when I tweak her a little.

<<<<<<<< will show video next>>>>>>>>

I could sell it, save it, or even get another boat at this point and drop it on the transom, maybe.

Found this over in Louisiana:

-ready for rigging, bare hull, no trailer 11K....too much for me. But I can dream can't I?

from http://WWW.TUNADOG.COM

The Jettywolf-II - super 26 fantail bayboat, I'll park it behind my house on Lake Pontchartrain....when I grow up and become a Gulf coast angler.

-------------------

GUESS NO ONE ON THIS WHOLE FORUM HAS A 225 2005 HONDA????????

i DO A SHOUT OUT AND HEAR ECHO'S , C'C'MON :idea: :idea:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

'06 BF225 here.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Isn't that "BF" ...being a bit, facetious

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I thought you may have one. Mines a 2006 on the boat, and yours is older than mine, right?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic