New Member in Fiji...

Introduce yourself here
Dau-Siwa
Your location: Fiji

New Member in Fiji...

Post by Dau-Siwa »

Howdy all....

My name is Ronnie M. Hyer and I originally from Magnolia Springs. Alabama in the US. Bought a home here in Fiji two years ago. I am having a 28 foot center console alloy boat built here by Blue Water Crafts in Navua, Fiji. It is still in progress but will be in the water in about a month. I will post up the latest picture of where we are at. Very pleased with the construction so far. Two 150 4 stroke Mercury outboards arrive here next week for this boat. I have pix of the entire construction process that I will post up on another forum..

pjay9
Your location: Tacoma, WA

Re: New Member in Fiji...

Post by pjay9 »

Welcome! Post it here too, we love that stuff! Glad to have you aboard and now I have an excuse to go in your direction. PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

Hey, welcome! OK, got to ask, whats the deal with moving down to Fiji? Sounds exciting and exotic. I'd heard that there were some political issues making the country a bit sketchy to visit but that was a few years back. I did a resort dive vacation down there about 20 years ago, can't remember where we were but it was very remote. Beautiful country. So is it a permanent move?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Dau-Siwa
Your location: Fiji

Post by Dau-Siwa »

Thanks for the welcome...

This has become a more permanent move since the presidential election. Don't worry about politics if you are considering coming to Fiji. No place in the world is more screwed up politically than the U.S. right now. We are having elections in Fiji in 2014. I wish we were not. The current guy running this place is doing an outstanding job. People are happy. Economy is great and growing. I picked Fiji out of all other places in the world to move to after two years of internet research. I had several parameters in making that decision. 1. English speaking, 2. Low crime, 3. low cost of living, 4. freehold land with no property taxes. 5. Temperatures that never get above 90 degrees or lower than 60 degrees. Fiji fit the bill...
We have excellent fishing here and the cleanest water and air in the world. I fish deep drop reels for snapper and grouper in 100 fathoms less that a 1/2 mile off the beach. 10,000 feet is less that 1 mile out. Fits me perfect. That is my Fiji story...
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

WELCOME to AAB and HOWDY from Texas, and post all the pictures you want. I would like to see some fish and water pics as well.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

pjay9 wrote:Welcome! Post it here too, we love that stuff! Glad to have you aboard and now I have an excuse to go in your direction. PJ
PJ, he means here on AAB in the right forum. :mrgreen:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

Dau-Siwa wrote:Thanks for the welcome...

This has become a more permanent move since the presidential election. Don't worry about politics if you are considering coming to Fiji. No place in the world is more screwed up politically than the U.S. right now. We are having elections in Fiji in 2014. I wish we were not. The current guy running this place is doing an outstanding job. People are happy. Economy is great and growing. I picked Fiji out of all other places in the world to move to after two years of internet research. I had several parameters in making that decision. 1. English speaking, 2. Low crime, 3. low cost of living, 4. freehold land with no property taxes. 5. Temperatures that never get above 90 degrees or lower than 60 degrees. Fiji fit the bill...
We have excellent fishing here and the cleanest water and air in the world. I fish deep drop reels for snapper and grouper in 100 fathoms less that a 1/2 mile off the beach. 10,000 feet is less that 1 mile out. Fits me perfect. That is my Fiji story...
Hey Ronnie, thanks for doing all the research, I'm already packing! :beer: Agreed, the situation here is almost intolerable . . .
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Agree....too many friends I have that are retired are searching to "get the hell outa here!!!" too.

I just want out of Florida!

Problem is, "Too big to fail" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Can't wait to see some blown eye ball snapper and grouper photos.

Oh yeah, the boat too :!:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Where's more pics of this Figi craft :?: :?:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Ronnie, ya still with us brother?