Scrap the rod, bring a bluddy Helmet!

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
shansgonefishin
Your location: Cayman Islands

Scrap the rod, bring a bluddy Helmet!

Post by shansgonefishin »

There's a reason these bloke's are in a tin boat....

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/848 ... x%3fpn%3d1

Shan :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: Scrap the rod, bring a bluddy Helmet!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

UNFORTUNATELY,

THIS SAME FOOTAGE IS ON EVERY CABLE TV ANIMAL PLANET SHOW, AND ANY SLOW NEWS DAY SHOW.

(invasive pieces of utter shet! my customers tell me they are.....wishing they'd be gone!)

ALL SOMEONE HAS TO DO IS FIND A GREAT RESOURCE FOR THEM, PUT A HIGH PRICE ON THEIR HEADS AND THEN THERE WON'T BE A SINGLE ONE LEFT. THEY'LL BE GILL-NETTED TO EXTINCTION.

BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW IT'S JUST CHEAP CAT FOOD, AND NOT WORTH ALL THAT MUCH.
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator
Your location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Gundog »

2 things come to mind if you could catch one on a fishing pole they look like they would fight like hell. The second thought is what hoot with a shotgun. Rednecks beer and shotguns should thin them out.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Mike,

Thats a great Idea.

Shot gun fishing. I'd be up for that!

Hell I've heard of fishing tournaments targeting "Flyingfish"......and the largest one shot (wingshooting) and brought to the dock in relative whole condition wins.
netman
Your location: Chandler,Indiana

Post by netman »

I live near and fish that section of the Wabash river. When the Wabash is at or near summer pool you cannot run up or down river without eating a boat load of asian carp. These are silver carp and known for their jumping ability. Here is a pic of my buddy with a asian bighead carp. Can you imagine getting beaned by this sucker?
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

netman, that looks like one slimy fish , what does he do with them ?

And does he know his FLY is open ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
netman

Post by netman »

Welder we bowfish for them in the summer when the river is at pool and the water is running clear. My buddy shot that bighead from my boat. We shot several that night in that weight class. We scrap them by the ton. I use some for bait on jumperlines aka trotlines for catfish. The asian carp are a major nuisance. I have heard some have been sent to lobstermen and used for lobster bait with good success. I was asked about supplying them when the logistics were worked out but have not heard anything. They would be cheap bait for sure. I kill them by the ton almost everyday during gill net season. If a guy could figure out a market there are tons to be caught.
Netman
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I would love to stick them :beer: how about Fertilizer ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
netman

Post by netman »

If your up my way in the summer you are more than welcome to go bowfishing with us. We have shot thousands of them. Netman
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

All they need is a good $$ amount on their heads and there won't be a one left. Problem solved!

I'd kill every one of those bastards I could get. If they infested my waters like that.

Then, like the hunt for Osama, hunt the bastards that dumped those nasty-azz fish in the water.

Seems like a Novelty when on Youtube or TV, but I'd be super pissed if those fish took over my waters and pushed out all the good AMERICAN fish.

AND YEAH.....I seen them jumping in the background on the "swamp people" show. So they're down in Louisiana too!$5.00 a pound, and them gator hunters would switch to larger boats and a longer season, I bet.
shansgonefishin
Your location: Cayman Islands

Post by shansgonefishin »

Not sure if this has been on the box before, but "Carp Invasion" will be shown down here in Cayman on the National Geographic Channel - this Friday the 27th (and other dates).

Looked well put together from the commercial that was just broadcast for the show....

The intro reads: "Underwater :shocked: :shocked: electric fence's" and "Bow fishing" just some measures used.... wow!

JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Nuclear bombs need to be on those arrows from what I've seen. All attempts at iradication have failed.
netman

Post by netman »

Indiana DNR is starting to say they have a problem but no help to us commercial fisherman who could wear them out if some money was put to use. I asked why the state has not assisted or developed a use for the asian carp and was told its not their job. I kill tens of thousands of pounds of asian carp each year caught in my gill nets.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

It's funny years ago when I was in South Florida for a few days of Sailfishing in the winter. The days that it was so rough no one could get out the inlet, a fish house was buying up Jack Cravalle, a great sport fish, but more like a, as we say around here......Vietnamese Thanksgiving Dinner, when it comes to eating.

The fish house had Catfood company orders to fill, and would take all the 2-4 pounders it could get at .75 cents a pound.

The Jacks were everywhere. There was 50 foot sport fishers drifting inside the inlet jigging for Jacks!! People who obviously didn't need the cash, but whatelse was there to do on a Saturday morning in 25 knot winds, and you're all loaded up to go Sailfishing......but can't!

THE STATES, ought to put .75 a pound on thier heads. Pay the fish houses for them, and then add them to the GREEN projects around the country. Grow biofuels outa them, make fertalizers, add them to landfills.........something!!!!!
The feds need to step up and consider these fish terrorists. The homeland security CHECK book is wide azz open around here.

Coasties buying more and more $400k boats by the dozens. Making all the fat cat politicians more money, because they're all on the take.

People need to start business'. And use these flying junkfish as a way to make cold hard cash. Take people out in specialty safety caged boats and shoot these fish for fun, be it hand guns or bows. Then the goverment will tax them and you and want to take over.

BTW....my new Pro helm works great. Why do boats come with anything lesser? Is my thinking now.
Seefood Man
Sponsor
Your location: Woodland, WA

Post by Seefood Man »

We have a trash fish problem on the Columbia. It use to be called a "Squaw Fish" however, the indians didn't think it was PC.
So now the name is pikeminnow. Here there is an increasing bounty on them,

"The 2011 season for the sport-reward fishery will start at all stations on May 1, 2011. The season will end September 30, 2011.
For every qualifying northern pikeminnow 9 inches or longer returned to a registration station, anglers will receive $4-$8. The more fish an angler catches, the more they're worth: the first 100 in one season are worth $4 each; after 100, they're worth $5 each; and after 400 they're worth $8 each. Special tagged northern pikeminnow will be worth $500 again this year. "

here is a link
http://www.pikeminnow.org/

Go here and then go to page 46. The list of anglers and their earnings Top dog make $81,000

http://www.pikeminnow.org/reports/2010- ... now-AR.pdf
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic