Quintrex?

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
shansgonefishin
Your location: Cayman Islands

Re: Quintrex?

Post by shansgonefishin »

Funnily enough, Lobster season starts tomorrow. The season runs to the end of Feb, limits are 3 a day or 6 per boat - per day (minimum of 2 catchers on board). Knocking off work a little earlier than usual tomorrow afternoon and heading out to our favourite haunt!

Yes Mojomizer, Lobster Pinapple combo on a few slabs of thickly cut fresh crusty buttered french bread ...and of course a coldie..... doesn't get much better mate!

Spoiled one: that is one hell of a boat you have there! She looks built like a tank. I think my son is going to give his future bride all sorts of hell, just turned three and can tell a Wahoo from a Tuna! But ditto to you and your family, what a life!

The tides are very slight, nothing like those in you neck of the woods!

shansgonefishin

Hey Fella's,

Caught a nice Wahoo yesterday morning before taking a swim for a few Lobster off of Grand Cayman's "East End." I made a bit of a video of the Quinny, the catch and the general day (complete with some good old Aussie Rock from the "Hoodoo Guru's from back in the 80's!).

It was a special day for our pal Rich (on the rod) as his dad had passed unexpectedly this year, and it just so happened that it was his dad's birthday yesterday - we reckon that hoo cheered him quite a bit - and then he followed it up by catching his first ever Lobster... go the gods! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3y5kQLk4k

Rich and his catch...

Merry Xmas and tight lines to you all :beer:

Shan
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Shan, thanks for the video :beer:

What a day for Rich , 2 firsts and on his Dads Birthday :thumbsup: , You and Rich are lucky and Blessed to have each other as Friends as it makes life a whole lot easier.

Merry Christmas to y'all
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

Very cool! Wahoo is one of my favorite fish to eat. Great day. :thumbsup:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
shansgonefishin

welder wrote:Shan, thanks for the video :beer:

What a day for Rich , 2 firsts and on his Dads Birthday :thumbsup: , You and Rich are lucky and Blessed to have each other as Friends as it makes life a whole lot easier.

Merry Christmas to y'all

Cheers Welder, after seeing the video and sending Rich a link to this forum, this was his emailed reply (I'm sure he won't mind)...

"I probably shouldn't tell you I have tears rolling down my face but... Well there you go!
Thanks mate! much appreciated from Pop's too!"

The guy rocks, surely this is what lifes all about!? :thumbsup:
shansgonefishin

Hi Fella's,

Mate and I snuck out of work for an afternoon fish in the Quinny at Cayman's 12 Mile Bank - drift fishing for Yellowfin Tuna. I had a good hit on a whole Squid and the fish came up to the boat reasonably easy though heavy as all hell, suddenly the line was flying up and all of a sudden the head of very fresh 300lb Blue Marlin was looking at us from about 20ft away!

That 20ft turned into about 300ft a minute later!

If ya like a bit of Tom Petty and have a few minutes to blow you can check it out (It's in HD) here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYf78OZcVvk

Cheers
Shan :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'm seeing a cloth engine cowling cover on this boat allot.....hows that zuki run with no fresh air flow?

Good?

Or, am I missing a Caymens secret?
shansgonefishin

Wolf,

Funny you should ask....

I often have people tell me I shouldn't be using the engine with it on...... but it's been almost 2 years now and I have not had a single overheating / performance related issue whilst running with it on the engine.

I guess the proof is in the pudding! :thumbsup:

You can hold the fabric to your lips and blow right on through, there is some resistance but it's minimal. I have toyed with the idea of cutting out the air intake area of the cover - but to be honest it's a hard sell if it ain't affecting anything.

It seems the Suzi's decals/paint have a tendency to fade as they age, touch wood my cowling (for a 2003 model) is still in pretty good nick.

Shan
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hmmmmmm......I guess you could call that a Outboard Air Filtration Unit. An "OAFU", huh?

Well. No matter either way. I'm not running around with my big blue Honda cover on any time soon. I thought ya had a major "FUBAR" going on there.

Time to Fk with Chaps now...... :nutkick:

"Hey Chaps, ya better watch them decals on yer 'Zuki. Sitting out on that dock all the time."
Phillipgo
Your location: Ossining NY

Post by Phillipgo »

ImageHere's a pic of my 18'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic