lobster hauler and davit?

General boating discussion
capeannfisherman

lobster hauler and davit?

Post by capeannfisherman »

Where to mount a davit and hauler on the 23ht with front storage locker? I'm thinking mount the hauler on the front of the front storage locker and the davit on the floor and the top storage tray with the attachments that come with the davit, but not sure. Has anyone done this? ideas?
Adrian
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

There are several portable units out there that are okay for occasional use. I have used the safe-T-puller and it is a great unit. I long line 5 pots from 600-800' while fishing for shrimp. They have a complete take down assembly that would probably work for you. Take it down and put it away unless you are using it. This is the set up on the old boat. I would swivel it forward against teh cabin while fishing.

Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

capeannfisherman,

where do you hail from? Your profile is incomplete, and then doesn't show in your posts, and I have no idea where cape ann is.

Not that I'm nosey, just am curious about the areas where people haul traps and such for fun & food.

Because no one around here in N.E. Florida does any of it and we're flush with big Blue crabs, and can do 10 traps, I think per fishing licenses recreationally.

While blue crabs go for $12-$15 a dozen in a market.
capeannfisherman

Questions answered

I live in Ashburnham Ma on sunset lake about 100 miles from gloucester Ma where I fish and lobster. I have a recreational license 10 traps for lobstering. Great fun! I grew up in New Orleans fishing speckled trout, redfish,croaker,& flounder. We also pulled the trawl for shrimp and crabbed for blue crabs using crab nets. I think pulling Crab traps would be a great addition for your customers, you never know whats in there. Lots of fun!
Adrian
NUKE

divit and hauler

Post by NUKE »

I know that Jay sold a 26 in Maine that a guy set up to pull traps. I ve seen the boat but don't have pictures . the davit was next to the helm and twin disc hauler was mounted on the gunwale .very neat set up .
and Capeann is the highliner end of Gloucester . Big dollar ! where all the seaCaptains live
NUKE
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: Questions answered

Post by JETTYWOLF »

capeannfisherman wrote:I live in Ashburnham Ma on sunset lake about 100 miles from gloucester Ma where I fish and lobster. I have a recreational license 10 traps for lobstering. Great fun! I grew up in New Orleans fishing speckled trout, redfish,croaker,& flounder. We also pulled the trawl for shrimp and crabbed for blue crabs using crab nets. I think pulling Crab traps would be a great addition for your customers, you never know whats in there. Lots of fun!
Adrian
Oh yeah....You were the one from Cajun Country, that now is in the land of the somewhat larger crawfish? I think you told me that awhile back, maybe.

The only reason I'd ever pull any traps is to catch me some crab for big Redbass bait, because you need so many when you quarter them and put it on a hook.....but the current washes it out so bad.

Hmmmmm.......Glousta'
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Adrian was kind to take my family and myself out Lobstering............best science class my boys ever attended

And they don't come out of the water with rubberbands on the claws :D

capeannfisherman

photos

John,
Great photos, good times, great memories, can't wait.
Adrian
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

They are advertising one on bloodydecks used for hooping that looks small simple and clean. Don't know anymore details.
capeannfisherman

still looking for ideas

A picture of a davit and hauler set up on one of our boats would truely be worth a thousand words. Or I guess I could just take John and his boys to haul them up for me.
Adrian
cptom
Donator '10

Davit on a Black Lab

Post by cptom »

Here's a picture of my removable, manual davit. Jay built it for me to use to swing mobility impaired clients onto my boat for my charter business. I have not used it for that yet.

http://www.blacklabmarine.com/v26ccspecand1.html
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

west coast hoop hand pullers fyi

http://www.redriser.com/main.sc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic