What to use to get the scuffs out?

General boating discussion
fatcow
Your location: MA

What to use to get the scuffs out?

Post by fatcow »

New to the site :thumbsup: . I own a 23' pacific bought from jay. 5 years old and going as strong as when i bought it. Found the site by doing a search and i can now relate to others and share info as well as learn some things. Boat has scuffs on the sides and was wondering what u guys use to clean em with. Will try to post pics. Thanks for having me on the site and tight lines to all.
BOB
welderbob
Donator ,15
Your location: Holbrook, NY

Re: What to use to get the scuffs out?

Post by welderbob »

Welcome Bob,

I'm not a Pacific 'Skiff guy ,but don't they use some sort of coating on the surface. I'd give Jay a quick call.. A few nicks and scuffs tell the non alloy boats to stay away.

welderbob
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Bob, are you talking about the Nyalic being rubbed off from Docks and what not?

My finish is that way now [ I am 4 years old ] and the rub marks are turning dark gray . I just tell people that if I owned a Plastic boat I would be on my 2nd one by now . I have a hard time with docks :mrgreen:

In a year or two I might prep the hull and cover with shark hide but it will probably just oxidize all dark gray as I don't like cleaning stuff.

Shark Hide Co. owner is a member here on the site , his member name is, Tbirder. http://www.sharkhide.com

Oh, and WELCOME TO AAB.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Ya wanna talk scuff........bass boaters would call it "reel rash" on tackle. C'C'mon down :thumbsup:
Yeah, it's just the Nyalic coating usually rubbed from docks. I have it, many of us have it. If you're not assigning a special crew member to fender duty.

We call it MERIT BADGES. Unless your hull has paint. If ya have the need to talk pretty, shiney, and polished, there's always the THT Forum. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll take it yours is like mine has no "side bumpers" welded on. Yeah, I want them too.

And BTW........welcome!

It's should'nt take but a day of two to find us. I hope Jay said, "With purchase, comes a free membership to AAB.com".
As your first "PERK". Cause you could have bought a "Plastomatic 23 euro-sportinique" and have no one behind you..... :thumbsup:

........welcome!
fatcow
Your location: MA

Post by fatcow »

Yup dock rash it is . Glad to see I'm not the only one. I guess it means I'm using my boat the right way. thx for the welcome
Seefood Man
Sponsor
Your location: Woodland, WA

Post by Seefood Man »

Call the company

HBI, Inc., 2260 Northwest Parkway SE, Suite I, Marietta, GA 30067, Phone 770-690-1480
© HBI, Inc. All rights reserved. NYALIC is a registered trademark of HBI, Inc.

They sell a surface prep, that must be used. and Nylaic in a standard size spray can.
If I remember right the surface prep was 15 buck and the paint was 14 bucks. The Nylaic goes a LONG way. Super thin application. One can covers 250 square feel. The warmer the weather the better it cures.
Nice people to deal with as well. Good Southern Folks :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic