Labor Day Stripes

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Labor Day Stripes

Post by Tin Cup »

Got out over the holiday weekend to find some fish. The stripers were cooperating, Charlie was not. We managed to find a few pods of breaking footballs, we'd close in to get a few casts in and then they were gone. Good times regardless and I'm happy to continue my quest to catch my first tuna. Another alloy boat was out there; the 'Searican' a Pacific 23'.

My 6 1/2 yr old can now cast both casting and spinning reels better some some adults that I've taken out. He's quite the fisherman. :thumbsup:
Attachments
0904091357b resized.jpg
0904091357b resized.jpg (78.33 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Re: Labor Day Stripes

Post by S L Dave »

Beautiful fish! Congrats on raising a fine young man! :thumbsup:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Nice job, the little guy will be hooked for life :thumbsup:

Tuna.....Hmmmmmmm....hang on the best is yet to come :thumbsup:
21ftcc
Donator '09
Your location: Worcester, MA

Post by 21ftcc »

Tin,
Great job out there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was out on Thursday, no wind, no waves.. but there was a parking lot of 25 to 30 boat fighting for space at schortens ledge. "trying" to trool. :rotfl: :rotfl: Came home with only a good size blue to show. I headed out to fishers ledge with no sign of tuna. Live lined a few blues but still nada.
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

Yup, we were at Scorton's parking lot. I counted over 30 boats at one point in the morning, but there's good reason everyone is there. It definitely looks intimating from the outside, but once you get in there it's not so bad. Generally people are courteous, everyone is moving so slowly it's easy to find your line. Its a giant slow motion fishing orgy :-? :-| :cool: I'd rather do this then fight the crowds in upstate NY on some of the well known spots for lake run trout. It would get so thick that everyone had to throw their egg patterns upstream at the same time... no thanks.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Tin Cup wrote: I'd rather do this then fight the crowds in upstate NY on some of the well known spots for lake run trout. It would get so thick that everyone had to throw their egg patterns upstream at the same time... no thanks.
YUK!!! The next time you get the urge to fish Upstate NY for lakers, send me a PM. I know where you can get away from the crowd.

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Now we're talking the species I'd like to catch if I was on vacation there.
Beautiful fish!

I always like to hear some having the youngsters using "all" tackle. So when they grow up they aren't so limited in their abilities and handicapped to only eggbeaters. (I see it all the time, with my customers.)

Hmmm. Have we seen a full pic of your boat?
I try to keep up with what every one owns, but of course can't.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic