Small hole repair???

Get help and share Ideas
Deno

Small hole repair???

Post by Deno »

Here is the small hole the other is for the bait pump, that one stays… What would you guys do?
Klamath___%20011.jpg
Klamath___%20011.jpg (13.45 KiB) Viewed 7716 times
Has anyone ever used the Cabelas “Aluminum Boat Patch kit?”
s7_010655_imageset_01.jpg
s7_010655_imageset_01.jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 7718 times
(Repairs Leaks in Aluminum Boats. This fusion bondage epoxy will repair and waterproof aluminum boat rivets, minor cracks and small holes without welding. Easy to apply; no solvents or mixing. All you need is a standard torch and fine sandpaper or a wire brush. Instructions included. Large size sticks will handle twice the repairs of other kits)

Thanks, Deno
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Small hole repair???

Post by JETTYWOLF »

http://durafix.com/ - low temp welding/soldering "perfect aluminum gas tank fix" ask Jettywolf.....it works!

ripped straight from the LINKS forum, where we share sites we found...maybe a totally "overlooked" area of information for all, here on AAB.com.

Okay, before you ask.

I used this stuff to fill a crack in an aluminum gas tank and then ran the boat for another 8 years. Did I get lucky?
Don't know. But it's the same stuff you see the guys in the booths selling at BIG boat shows soildering beer cans together.

It worked for me. Thats all I know.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I would go for a welder , it should be a quick job and done fore ever :smitty:

Go to the members list a look up Jim Day , I think he is in your area and may help you . Jim does custom work and repairs.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
steve-r

Post by steve-r »

I've used the Cabella's boat patch to seal a leaky rivet before...worked fine....i wouldn't trust it on anything bigger than a crack....but its temporary.....go get a patch welded onto that hole....assuming the original material hasn't gone brittle ....is that a bit of corrosion I see?
or how about a carriage bolt & some fender washers and fill it with JB Weld and bolt it together.?
Steve Ronson
18' Kellahan CC
Deno

Post by Deno »

OK, I’ll take her to the shop… I guess while am there, I’ll have them weld some plates on the transom for Zincs…… Chingon Metal fabrication does all my welding… That dude built himself a badass battle wagon a few years back… I’ve been trying to get him to send me some pictures so I can share with you guys, but he’s not to computer friendly… Next time I go to his shop I’ll steal some pics of his rig so you guys can see it, straight custom… Anyway, yeah I won’t use those sticks I’ll take her into the shop… Thanks, Deno

P.s Guess I'll send them back to Cabelas :grin:
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Let us know how it goes. It seems that there's always guys looking for a welder to patch up their alloy tinnies... Especially down your way.

Plates for the zinc would be a great idea. Another one for the transducer if you plan on making any changes with it.

Some pictures would be cool.

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic