36' all welded aluminum boat - $75000 (Addisson , VT)

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
VirtualHuck

Post by VirtualHuck »

Found on Vermont Craig's List. Don't see too many boats like this in VT!

https://vermont.craigslist.org/boa/5492315755.html

This is a 36' by 10'6", all welded aluminum boat, beam 10'6" with 2 Honda 225 HP, four stroke. 200 hours on engines. This boat was custom made by a defense contractor progressive Boat at Ingalls shipyard. Has always been in fresh water but always stores on land when not operating.
The amount of use for the boat is less then 250 hours since built.
The is no corrosion in or out. has been surveyed for replacement value of $210,000 and valuation of $145,000 with two motors.
The super structure is 1/4" aluminum Bottom is 1/2" welded topside is 5/16" welded.
The vessel is on block for inspection for serious buyers.
This is a serious vessel for commercial survey, fishing and recreational.
I am posting pictures and for serious inquiry I will provide the last survey.
Please call with serious inquiries. Do not text. No dreamers ! propeller Kickers!
No inspection without an appointment. Call show contact info
No brokers, no scammers. $75,000.
Note the trailer is not included, we can make arrangement to lend the trailer to buyer for transport.
Small Aluminum Adventure Boat
2018 20' Stanley Islander
(https://stanleyboats.ca/islander/)
VirtualHuck

Re: 36' all welded aluminum boat - $75000 (Addisson , VT)

Post by VirtualHuck »

Images from Craig's List:
CList3.jpg
CList4.jpg
CList6.jpg
CList7.jpg
CList1.jpg
CList2.jpg
Small Aluminum Adventure Boat
2018 20' Stanley Islander
(https://stanleyboats.ca/islander/)
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

'Huck, while this seems a 'super deal' (?) given the value for the boat's class and equipment- this is where a qualified Marine Surveyor is key to making a decent potential into a 'good deal'.

The complexity of a boat (yacht) of this size and scope is not going to be understood by anyone who's not owned/built/crewed on this class of vessel before. So, any East Coast Forum readers who may be interested? The first step is to find your own Marine Surveyor, someone that knows welded aluminum boats well enough to ask and inspect the difficult questions of why a 250,000$ boat is at fire sale prices?

Maybe just a death in the family, some other life-condition that brought about this low sale price? But, let the buyer beware! "Trust; but Verify" - Ronald Reagan

Sure looks nice, 1/2" (!!) hull bottom seems like it was built for "mine sweeping" or some other combat duty! Even a 1/4" upper cabin structure is 2x what's needed- so with all these great and long lasting scantlings- why is she for sale for so little?

Just urging professional caution.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Toonseskat

Post by Toonseskat »

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, there are 3 outboards, not 2 as the ad states.
amphibious123

Post by amphibious123 »

I just happen to joined aluminumalloy as a member.
The vessel 36' is my boat and I have been the first owner since built by Ingalls ship yard in Pascagoula MS.
I did read you comments on the boat and I agree that it is to sell way under its value.
The vessel has always been set on a trailer when not used and there is no corrosion or electrolysis.
Most electrical components are back up with isolating rubber for that purpose and it also has anodes
that are intact. I am repowering with twin Honda's 250 this season. The old motors (225 Honda's) only had 400 hours
I have installed one on my 21' aluminum boat the other where sold. I kept all the control, harnesses, gauges and alarm key switch.
I did have a professional survey done in 2004 and it has not been in the water since.
Any comments please write me. Diver Dan.
SurveyBoatHunter

Post by SurveyBoatHunter »

All of a sudden the boat is now only 34' long and is being sold with no motors...... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Also, not to judge someone's lack of knowledge on the differences between the proper uses of "where" vs "were", but come on!!

https://vermont.craigslist.org/boa/5969353775.html

"Vessel 34' by 10'6" $25,500. The Twin Honda 225 motors where removed this winter and it is the owner plans to repower with twin 250 Honda this next season, however it is for sale now without engines and the option for a new owner to repower with full warranty or install what they want'
All controls and steering systems remain with the boat. The engines where running before being taken off the boat and it will be a breeze to reinstall new motors.
This is a serious work or fishing vessel and I will take inquiries by phone only.
The vessel is on dry land in storage for the winter. The vessel tower can be dismantled in a few fours
and transported with the boat. Serious inquiries please.
I will not send additional information without a call."
JonH
Donator 21

Post by JonH »

Could be a good deal for someone, I would put a pair of Yamaha V-8's on it if I were buying it, don't see how twin
250's would move that boat without really working hard.

Photo's were all taken on the Gulf Coast, where is the boat now?
amphibious123

Post by amphibious123 »

The overall length of the boat is 36'. It was measured by the Marina for storage charges. However the 3 engines have been removed.
One engine was installed on my 21' aluminum boat, the other two where sold in January 2017.
The engines had 450 hours and in excellent condition. in order to sell the boat the price was reduce.
It is actually interesting to know that it is to good to be true. As for the comments by the boat hunter! It a joke right or this guy is very rude and disrespectful. boat hunter you need to reassess your attitude on this forum. You must have a hell of an IQ to come up with this kind of remark. As for kevin from Alaska ! " I where going to tell you" Thank you for the input, well received. I am getting ready to sail around the world that why the vessel is at a great price. Respectfully, Dan
I
amphibious123

Post by amphibious123 »

Dear John H,
I wont hold it against you ! I cant spell and you can not read.
Addison Vermont, this is wer the boat is .Also I did misspell Addison on the ad. Sorry it will probably happen again.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

amphibious123,
Make senses - the price does- now that we see you're converting assets to build up resources for your cruise. She sure looks good, and if you have a survey in hand- then at least potential buyers will have a good look at her as she was at the survey's date.

I'd still caution anyone not familiar with welded aluminum boats of this class to find their own surveyor- someone with a reputation for expertise in the welded aluminum class- because I've seen too many surveyors who are not up to speed on this material.

Reviewing the thread I was struck by the interior/cabin image that seems like it was taken looking forward (?) and the galley sink/counter seem to flank the V berth? that implies the cabin/helm is more or less open, and the accommodations are forward- including the galley and bunk? Not sure, since this is not a common layout in our area- so I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything?

Do you happen to know her displacement? That and her LOA or Length of Waterline might allow someone using an engine/performance calculator to predict her performance with any given HP.

Hope you're able to find a buyer, and have a fine (and SAFE!!!) cruise.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Trousertrout

Post by Trousertrout »

I am interested in displacement also. Any information would help.
amphibious123

Post by amphibious123 »

This is what I found on an earlier survey.
The vessel weight with 150 gallon of fuel is approximately 11,000 LBS. It is a deep V hull, the length including the transom is 34'.
The vessel at its widest section is 10'11" and 9' at the 29"draft line the width is approximately 9' 6".At a sea trial with two 225 Honda's and two four blade props it got on a plane with a speed of 15 knots at top end. We also did a trial with 3 Honda's 225 and it did easily get on a plane with speed of 19 knots. It is set up for 3 motors. Considering the weight of a 250 to 300 HP motor in excess of 600Lbs each, I believe that two 250 or 300HP would be adequate for me as I would run the boat at a cruising speed and not necessarily need to get on a plane.
I believe original builder had it set up for a single diesel engine and I assume it was intended to be a displacement hull.
I personally like the outboard set up. The vessel was well balance and it offered ease of maintenance and more storage space. I have an 125 gallon aluminum tank where the diesel engine should be and it can be removed. There is no electrolysis present since the vessel has been stored on land most of its life. Since I removed the engines I have reduce the price considerably.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic