Fishin' with Welder

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
Antonio Pendejo

Fishin' with Welder

Post by Antonio Pendejo »

Headed out from Southern Cali towards Arkansas earlier this month and stopped by Les' place for a ride on his 23 Pacific and some striper fishing on Lake Texoma. Image

Les promised me he would introduce me to some Texas P***Y Image
Not quite what I was expecting but....
Boat on the water, it was cold, windy, Les had a full pack of cigarettes and we were ready to fish
We fished all day, not much catching, but Les did manage to catch the big fish of the day. I found out that if you hold the fish out as close to the camera as you can it makes them a lot bigger.
To be cont'd
AP
Antonio Pendejo

Re: Fishin' with Welder

Hmmm...I think I lost a chapter. Will try again.
Left out of Les' place headed for Arkansas deer opener on Sat. the 13th. Had to stop along the way and see a man in Tishomingo
Then it was onto Arkansas to take care of some serious hunting. First we had to set up the hillbilly RV, notice the custom visqueen wrap with the 2x4 awning. Which was a very good idea because the tent camper looked like it had been used for shotgun and rifle practice and it started raining like hell about 11 o'clock Friday night
Image.
Got a late start on Sat morning, it was cold and raining, but....the deer had hearded up and were not stirring yet, so into the stand and wait

To be contd
AP
Antonio Pendejo

Hunting was pretty good. Between my cuz and me, we were on the stands by 7am and back on the ground before 8am with 5 killed. We got 3 does and 2 button buck, I was out of tags and now we had to drag the critters out to the road as we didn't have a 4 wheeler.
Here is a pic of my shooting lane from the ground. My 2 does were killed with my M1 Garand, at about 130 yds, using iron sights against that thick pine backdrop, in the rain, they were all huddled in that clump of 3 oak trees to the left of center
It was a good thing I zeroed the Garand at Les' place, because those were some tough freehand shots sitting in that wobbly stand.
Ok, now all you big rack trophy guys have to understand, these are quality deer for Fordyce Arkansas area. The bowhunters had pretty much got all the big bucks the previous weeks of archery season.
The final tally, 5 deer off the Arkansas roads at night and a freezer full of meat
Hope you enjoyed the pics. I ended up with about 120 lbs of meat in the freezer.
AP
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Tony, I had a GREAT time , let's not wait so long .

Nice job on the Whitetail . :beer:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Antonio Pendejo

When Roscoe and me drove back down to Warren, Arkansas to pick up all the processed meat from the slaughterhouse we stopped in Pinebluff to get a breakfast burrito at the Sonic drive-in. This is what pulled in next to us. I had to do a double take.
Only in Arkansas :rotfl:
AP
Deno

Post by Deno »

Very nice, Congrats!!!
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Cool trip........ Anytime you can fish with Welder and hunt is a great vacation. Whitetail venison MMMMmmmmmm.

Hey Deno you get your Colorado Elk?????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

You are having way to much fun :thumbsup: Good for you :beer:
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

I had heard that Welder fished his boat, but never see many pictures. Thanks for the proof. Looked a bit chilly. It must have dipped into the 60º range. :mrgreen: You have a nice winters worth of venison there, too. I like the way you grocery shop. :thumbsup:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Deno

Post by Deno »

mojomizer wrote:Cool trip........ Anytime you can fish with Welder and hunt is a great vacation. Whitetail venison MMMMmmmmmm.

Hey Deno you get your Colorado Elk?????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff

Nope! We all skunked out!! Did well with the local deer though...
JrAlex&DEER - Copy.JPG
JrAlex&DEER - Copy.JPG (50.79 KiB) Viewed 7220 times
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Nice local Mule Deer :thumbsup: Why can't California grow em like Texas and Arkansas grows Whitetails . :?:
I hope that wasn't a Texas Heartshot................. heh heh.

I want to see Welder with a huge Lake Texoma catfish :mrgreen:

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Antonio Pendejo

Texas Heartshot. Classic :rotfl: :beer:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Antonio-deer slayer,

Thank you very much for the photos of the Stintback because I never thought he ran that thing at home. But only on tire torchering road trips.

Did those pussies smell like fish?
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

JETTYWOLF wrote: Thank you very much for the photos of the Stintback because I never thought he ran that thing at home. But only on tire torchering road trips.
Oh ye of short memories (Possibly other things too ;) )

Last year (October) Lester and I made a trip out on Texoma in the "Skintback" . If memory serves me right Lester even posted a picture of a couple of the fish we caught....... Then some of us "Chunkin lead" out of a smoke pole.

But that's OK Jetty we know how you "Older folks" memory gets... :nutkick: :rotfl:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic