Johns new Wooldridge 21 pilothouse

A Place to Show and Tell
Napa Mike

Johns new Wooldridge 21 pilothouse

Post by Napa Mike »

Congratulations to John (jj225) on his new 21 pilothouse. John was nice enough to let me and my Pops tag along for his test ride. John had a lot of ideas for tweaks to the boat to get it set up perfectly for his use. I will let John describe those. Grant Wooldridge was a super host, telling us everything we wanted to know about his boats. thanks to Grant as well. Here are some pics.
Attachments
John and Grant at the shop
John and Grant at the shop
one.JPG (33.59 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
Johns new boat owner permagrin
Johns new boat owner permagrin
two.JPG (25.01 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
High speed run!
High speed run!
three.JPG (27.21 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
My Pops and John
My Pops and John
four.JPG (22.87 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
successful shakedown ride!
successful shakedown ride!
six.JPG (43.23 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
jj225

Re: Johns new Wooldridge 21 pilothouse

Post by jj225 »

Mike thanks for posting the pictures. Been busy and didn't see this thread. What you didn't see that was added on was the boat name. Family named it "Suck It!" from the TV show Psych and has a pineapple after the name which was also part of the show. Grant had never heard of the show but looked it up on Netflix and said it was funny. Got a lot of thumbs up driving back to So. Cal. from people who got the meaning. Even had someone slow down and take a picture. Never had that happen in over 15 years of owning a boat.

Not much to say about what I had done. Besides from the feedback no one is interested anyways LOL! Yet to take it out due to waiting for CF No.'s.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

very nice now get the dang thing bloody :thumbsup:
jj225

Post by jj225 »

Well have close to 30 hours on the boat so far. Some minor issues but I seemed to have taken care of them. Really very surprised at just how well the boat handles. There's no comparison to taking a boat out on a lake even if windy compared to being out on the open ocean. I know one should test ride where you plan on fishing the most but when it comes right down to it, it's not feasible sometimes. Closest small PH that I know of is in AK and even then it's not the same boat as mine since mine is a foot longer plus has the offshore platform giving it close to 23' of hull length vs 20'.

Anyways, as I said the boat handles very well for the conditions I've been out in so far. Like my buddy said you couldn't ask for it to do any better. Drifts nice. Doesn't rock all over the place although it does drift kind of fast when you get a breeze going. Downhill very happy. No broaching but no big swells yet either. Uphill it will pound if you don't drop the front down but not that much different from my old Davis which was a heavy glass boat. Get the hull slap but used to it. Gotta love the PH though when the wind is blowing and in a quartering sea. Nice and dry and warm. :thumbsup:

If I could figure out how to post I'd put one up with the name on the boat.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Can you resize Pictures? 800 X 600. Then save them. Click into upload Pictures, Browse find your picture and click it to upload. then Submit. Done!

Nice Boat. :beer:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

Here is a photo that John sent to me. I like it!
Attachments
Johns boat name.jpg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic