XIAO MU JI My Aluminum Sportsfishing Battleship

A Place to Show and Tell
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

XIAO MU JI My Aluminum Sportsfishing Battleship

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

XIAO MU JI (She Oh Moo Gee) Named after my wife's Chinese Nick Name.

I LOVE ALUMINUM!!!

But I guess that is why we are all here, RIGHT???

I spent four years designing, talking and interviewing the thirty to forty aluminum boat builders throughout the U.S & Canada from 2001 through 2004. Then, with my final design, lots of negotiations between three builders, I fianlly deceided to have her built by John Taylor of www.Ironwoodboats.com, out of Van Couver B.C. in 2005. John took my design, added his Ironwood attitude to it and blown away. John deliver what I considered to be one of the finest builds I could of imagined or dreamed of. Super craftmanship!

Because I was counting every sheckel I had to build the boat. I bought just the boat as a shell, with just the running motor, then I built all the cabinets, interior, exterior decking, the electrical system and installed all my electronics myself. I knew exactly what I wanted and like doing my own work so it was six weekends of hard intense building to complete 90% of the work and get her in the water and fishing in 2005.

I fish out of Montauk, NY way offshore for Yellowfin, Bluefin, Bigeye, Albacore, Wahoo, Marlin, Dolphin, Inshore Big Striped Bass, Blackfish, Cod, FLuke, Sea Bass.

ImageImage

I have a large on line photo album at the following link: http://picasaweb.google.com/martyl.mcmillan/

and if you want to see some interesting fishing video go tho this link: http://tunafishingmontaukstyle.wetpaint.com/

Hope you injoy reviewing my vessel and the build of her. I love the young lady! Marty
Last edited by Ironwoodtuna on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

IronWood, WELCOME ABOARD

Enjoy and post up.

Lester
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
farmerjane

Post by farmerjane »

Whoa~~!!! What a SWWEEEEET boat!!! Can only imagine how much fun it is to get to fish off of her! AWESOME!~

And welcome to AAB.com! :wink:
I'm both lucky AND good!
msilva4

Post by msilva4 »

Ironwood

great videos,for a few minutes I forgott its mid January here in the east coast

can't wait to hit the water again
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

msilva4 wrote:Ironwood

great videos,for a few minutes I forgott its mid January here in the east coast
Hey Msilva4,

Happy New Year, Good to see ya.

Thanks, We have a great time fishing and making them, although it may look like we hate each other at times, we are always laughing and hi-fiving moments after the screaming is over. I can't wait to go fishing this spring. I started inviting all the west coasties to the new site so we can get it going. they know aluminum. Marty
ALUMINATOR

Post by ALUMINATOR »

Marty,

Thanks for the invite to this fun site! You have a sweet boat and i wish you all the best for 2008!

Dennis
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

ALUMINATOR wrote:Marty,

Thanks for the invite to this fun site! You have a sweet boat and i wish you all the best for 2008!

Dennis
Dennis,

Post away, and tell anyone on your side of the Country to join in, us East Coasters know that you westies love the tin! Big boat, small boat any aluminum boat should get posted here. Hey are all great. Glad you joined up. Marty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic