The improved fish camp thread

Get help and share Ideas
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: The improved fish camp thread

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah, ya need at least one large Shipping container for at least secure, waterproof-fireproof-idiotproof, hurricaneproof, storage.

A guy down here built a 3200 square foot house out of them. Seriously Cool.

Just a tad more bad azz than Welders steel house. If painted in CAMO colors... :joecool:

When my boat is paid off. I'm gonna have the equivalent of your camp up yonder, but down here in ""Louisiana"".
We'll SWAP locales, then.

What I want:

Maybe I can get Welder the "alloy travel'ist" to go in partners with me. He can join me and make it a alloy fleet at the dock.

I'll come see you when the heat's intense, and you can come see me, when the cold is intense. :thumbsup:
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Yeah, ya need at least one large Shipping container for at least secure, waterproof-fireproof-idiotproof, hurricaneproof, storage.

A guy down here built a 3200 square foot house out of them. Seriously Cool.

Just a tad more bad azz than Welders steel house. If painted in CAMO colors... :joecool:

When my boat is paid off. I'm gonna have the equivalent of your camp up yonder, but down here in ""Louisiana"".
We'll SWAP locales, then.

What I want:

Maybe I can get Welder the "alloy travel'ist" to go in partners with me. He can join me and make it a alloy fleet at the dock.

I'll come see you when the heat's intense, and you can come see me, when the cold is intense. :thumbsup:
Actually you guy's have me thinking about the sea can idea literally. I am going to compare the cost of building something "different" out of them compared to stick frame or log. I can do most of the work myself which would save on labor big time. I use a structural engineer quite a bit for work and I'm going to run it by him. I also know a designer that could come up with something that looks half decent.

That place down South looks interesting Dave. Would you have a trailer or something next to it? or can you build something there. It needs some shade big time lol. I get heat exhaustion pretty easy.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Update

I missed posting a few weekends ago. Probably due to the tuna buzz lol.

The first weekend that Tidal Chaos and crew came up to head out on their maiden tuna trip we built some trusses for the new to me trailer.

We just stored them at the back until this past long weekend. Things go pretty good with a team of 5 guys and two of them being carpenters.

We got the roof on and even started the outdoor shower and change room.

The power pole went in as well and hopefully will be hooked up this week.

Another big shout out to Tidal Chaos and crew and to Firelight. THANK YOU again for all the help guys! I couldn't have done it with out you. Very much appreciated.

To be continued..........
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Sculp,

Yeah all I'd have to do is fasten down something like you have if I could ever have a "lot" like that (the one I showed) in Louisiana. Just something that can BLOW away and be easily replaced. A "single-wide" on stilts are popular. Some A/C, an outside shower, and washing machine and that's all I need.

I have just less than 8 years left on my boat, and that would free up close to $500 a month. So, if I'm on track, I may get my place in Louisiana before I'm 60 years old.
That's the goal.

Some kind of change, before I die would be nice. And not to much to ask.

I'll live in a tent, I don't care. Just want out of here in June-thru Sept.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic