life of pooh and baby bear

Post your Alloy pictures here
welderbob
Donator ,15

life of pooh and baby bear

Post by welderbob »

A strange subject line for AAB. Shortly after Sound Marine ventured out on it own we built one of our earlier flat bottom work boats for a local dredge company. The owner of Disch Construction wanted a 20' model with a little extra rubber here and there. The other requirement was it need to be painted "RED". Not just any red, but his red. At Warren's request we installed a Mercury 60hp big foot, he liked the the idea of the bigger gear reduction in the lower unit. Warren sent us cut out aluminum letters to weld on the hull and "BABY BEAR" was born. A year later the phone rang with the request for a bigger sister for Baby Bear and "POOH BEAR" was born. Again we used the 60hp Big Foots, but this time there were two.

The boat were used around the various job sites and the yard to move barges when there mother "BEAR" needed a little help getting in the tight spots. Warren took excellent care of all of his equipment. It wasn't uncommon to get a call to pick one of the boats up for a little welding or a fresh paint job.

Warren Disch pasted away about a year ago, A fleet of boats could not have asked for a better owner. All of the assets of his company were sold at auction the other day. It was sad to see the boats up for auction. I was happy to see than two 10 year old work boats that were worked hard and well taken care of fetch there original selling price almost to the penny.

FAIR SEAS WARREN.

Welderbob
Attachments
baby bear.jpg
pooh bear.jpg
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: life of pooh and baby bear

Post by goatram »

Can't say that about Clorox Bottle Boats! That's For Sur! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

those are terrific boats Welder Bob. Congrats.
Mike
downline

Post by downline »

Great looking work boats Bob, Wish I could have seen them when I was in the area this summer. I needed them when I was doing Katrina work in Louisiana bayous. I'll finally get that first skiff cut out when the Hudson Valley thaws in about 6 weeks. D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic